DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

Walkthrough of Creating a Character Sheet for any game system with zero coding

While not as nice as having a system which is fully automated, you can still use the built-in CoreRPG ruleset to record and keep your basic character data for use during play and to help with the automation of common dice rolls.

In the example below, I'll be creating a character sheet for a generic sheet that can be used with All Flesh Must Be Eaten by Eden Studios. I have never actually played this game yet, but you can read how to play by reading the Intro Pack from Eden Studios.
    https://www.edenstudios.net/images/afmbedemokit.pdf

I will post the sample XML file here as an attachment and also start a new thread for Game System Support - Character Sheet Repository.

https://youtu.be/BG9ovku3T48

Blog Entries
    I may have to give this a second look. With some work, there might be a sorta HarnMaster game in there somewhere.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    This is gold! I used CoreRpg for Fate before the official module was out. Worked great.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Ha! Mask_of_Winter and I were just talking about making a video like this.
    Thanks Doug!

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, some of the recent posts by you regular FG folks made me think a video was long overdue.

Well done!

I noticed that not all you attributes were sorted by alphabet. How did you manage that?

As it turns out I have recently been thinking about trying out Marvel Heroic RPG. Someone was trying to make a ruleset for it earlier, but some legal shenanigans got in the way, as far as I understand. Now, I have way to much time on my hands so I got the idea of making a charactersheet for CoreRPG. The idea being that the different dice values can be dragged and dropped to a line called "Dice Pool". Terribly original ... cough. Anyways this creates the entire dice pool a player need to roll - and this can be easily reset when done.

So. For those interested:Link

Use the "Download" button on the top right.

Vires Animi
    Last edited by viresanimi; February 5th, 2015 at 03:59.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I noticed that not all you attributes were sorted by alphabet. How did you manage that?
    He put spaces in front of some so they'll sort to the top.

Blog Entries
    Nice.

You should consider posting it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...702#post199702

and also consider including a second link with a filled-in version people can use as a reference.

I was wondering (since I have zero coding skill) how hard it would be to add a different mode for the modifier window, allowing for dice to be added to it instead of numbers.

A lot of games do not use a numerical value to be added or subtracted, but adds or subtracts dice from various sources. Pretty much any world of darkness game comes to mind or shadowrun. In the World of Darkness ruleset that can be found on the site, you can add d10's to the modifier window and roll from that, by right clicking on it.

If that could be implemented, the Core Ruleset would be a lot more flexible.

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    That is a good suggestion. I'll raise this with Moon_Wizard to add to his queue for consideration.

What I currently do is some of our 5E games where this comes up is to have the user roll those extra dice and then have them drag the result to the modifier window before activating their main action. Adding the +die modifier would be nicer. Some systems may also have a negative dice modifier, though, so that would be a little trickier.

Thread Information