DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 17 First ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by adsmalley View Post
    Will the card table extension work with the MoreCore rules set?
    Yes.

Is there some trick or process that I'm missing to be able to link card images to the table results or the card items created and linked to the table results? I can't seem to link the images to either the table. I have tried dragging the image link to the table, which didn't work. So then created items for each card that I linked to each card in the card table, but then can't seem to link the image for each card to the card item either (that is now linked to each card result on the table). Had also tried to create a second column on the table, but that won't let me drag the image to that second column either. Is there some other extension that I need in order to link the card images to the card table or items?
    The card extension doesn't make any changes to the standard table layout functionality described here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Random+Results

If you're experiencing problems dragging links to either the table or the formatted text section of an item record or a table row then make sure the table or item is unlocked. If you still can't drag a link to an unlocked table row then please take a screenshot showing the table setup and the image link you're trying to add.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenlow for helping with this issue.

FGScreenshot.png

Here is the requested screen shot.

As you can see both the Complete Tarot Deck table and the The Hanged Man item that is linked to that result in the table are both unlocked. I have tried dragging the image to every entry point in both of these (as well as other tables and other items) but it doesn't seem to work for me for some reason.
    Aaron Smalley
    FG2- Ultimate License Holder since 2012, upgraded to FGU in 2021
    Freelance Writer for Iron Crown Enterprises/Guild Companion Publishing (Rolemaster/HARP)
    Developer of the Channel Cities and World of Ærnth setting
    Fan of Rolemaster since 1983
    40+ years of RPG GMing
    Also a fan of Eclipse Phase, The Everlasting, MERP, and many others

Thank you Trenlow for helping with this issue.

FGScreenshot.png

Here is the requested screen shot.

As you can see both the Complete Tarot Deck table and the The Hanged Man item that is linked to that result in the table are both unlocked. I have tried dragging the image to every entry point in both of these (as well as other tables and other items) but it doesn't seem to work for me for some reason.
    Thanks for providing the screenshot - that helps to show the issue. Images in the assets window can't be linked within other records - the image needs to be in the campaign images list, and you drag the link button from the Images list. If the image you want to use isn't there then you'll need to open the asset and click the "Create Image Record" button.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the explanation, Trenloe. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Looks like I should have done some more digging into how images worked and interacted with other components within Fantasy Grounds. I did not realize the modest level of complexity behind how some Fantasia Grounds features worked. But at the same time, can understand why such moderate complexity is needed, with the wide range of capabilities and interactions that can be set up within Fantasy Grounds.

One last question (I hope), if I make the switch from the Core ruleset to the MoreCore ruleset, can I do so within the current campaign I am setting up? Or will I need to go through some of these setup steps again? Just trying to get a feel for if I shoudl continue down the current path of trying to work out the basic features that I want to implement before possibly making the change over to the MoreCore ruleset, or if I should take the time to look more deeply into the MoreCore rules system and make the change sooner if it will be needed for some of the other later features I'm hoping to add to the campaign that I'm working on?
    Aaron Smalley
    Freelance Writer for Iron Crown Enterprises/Guild Companion Publishing (Rolemaster/HARP)
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Blog Entries
    Generally you cannot just change a campaign from one ruleset to another.
    In terms of creating content you can export that content (from CoreRPG) and open it in MoreCore

MoreCore has a lot of additional stuff over CoreRPG. You should probably spend a little time playing with it and learning how it works. If you have questions post in the MoreCore thread and you will get help/suggestions.

Thank you. I will do so before I go any further working on my current project so I hopefully won't need to re-do too much work later.
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

I was originally working on importing stuff from my custom Rolemaster setting that I've been using for more than 40 years and in the process of looking at ways to implement some of my plans using the Rolemaster rules set, I came across this thread quite by accident.

The use of cards, caught my attention, as there is another homebrew system that I've been toying around with for about 20 years that is loosely based off of The Everlasting (which was loosely based off of the White Wolf games and was developed by one of their freelance authors for some of their books). However The Everlasting had a really cool Tarot card mechanic that seemed interesting, but that had a lot of issues/problems when it came to its actual use. So about 20 years ago I started trying to figure out a way to fix the issues with it and have done some limited in-person play testing, but that was sidelines a couple of years ago. So when I saw the card-table module here, I thought it might be easy to implement and do additional play-testing.
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Thread Information