DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 17 First ... 614151617 Last
    Yes, I had just downloaded and installed it earlier today for the first time to try to create a deck of cards for a game idea I have been working on (but have not tried in FGU before). So I think I did.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Aaron Smalley
    FG2- Ultimate License Holder since 2012, upgraded to FGU in 2021
    Freelance Writer for Iron Crown Enterprises/Guild Companion Publishing (Rolemaster/HARP)
    Developer of the Channel Cities and World of Ærnth setting
    Fan of Rolemaster since 1983
    40+ years of RPG GMing
    Also a fan of Eclipse Phase, The Everlasting, MERP, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by adsmalley View Post
    Yes, I had just downloaded and installed it earlier today for the first time to try to create a deck of cards for a game idea I have been working on (but have not tried in FGU before). So I think I did.
    1) Don't download from the attachment in the first post of this thread - if you have, delete that file.
    2) Use the link at the top of the first post to take you to the FG Forge subscribe to that product and then run a FG update.
    3) None of those logfiles show that you've enabled the extension - before starting your campaign make sure you select "Basic Card Tables" from the Extensions list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the directions.

Although I had subscribed and then restarted FG and checked for updates, which didn't seem to work (it didn't appear to download the card table extension), as I thought that was how I was supposed to. But that didn't work, so then I downloaded it from the first post of the thread instead and that at least allowed me to access the card table ext.

But I will delete and try again.

Any idea why it didn't seem to download after I selected/subscribed to it the first time?
    Aaron Smalley
    Freelance Writer for Iron Crown Enterprises/Guild Companion Publishing (Rolemaster/HARP)
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Deleted and restarted and it still isn't showing the check box to remove the "drawn" cards until the next time the deck is shuffled.
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Deleted and restarted and it still isn't showing the check box to remove the "drawn" cards until the next time the deck is shuffled.
    Please provide the log files again.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As requested.

And thank you Trenloe for helping me through this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

As requested.

And thank you Trenloe for helping me through this problem.
    Basic Card Tables extension being loaded - there's nothing in the log files showing that you've selected it. See the screenshot below for the extension you should be enabling before loading the campaign:

If you've done this - check in the chat window after loading the campaign - you should see an entry for the chat extension saying "Basic Card Tables - for FGU CoreRPG based rulesets by Trenloe."
    Attached Images Attached Images

That was the problem. Missed that I needed to check that in the Extensions. Suspected it was something simple like that, that I had missed. Really appreciate the help, even if I do feel like an idiot now.
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    If you look at it the other way around.. you can add the image link to any item's description.. then you have the whole thing wrapped up in a nice package.
    You can then put the ITEM into the table rather than the IMAGE.. and voila.. you have it all.
    I have been going through this thread trying to accomplish this very thing. Attaching an image of each card to the table, which didn't work for me as it would not link or attach to the table entry. Then created items for each card that I then linked to the table (which worked without a problem). But then when I try to drag an image to the Item description, it doesn't seem to attach. So then created an additional column in the table as per the first suggested fix and the image doesn't seem to link there either. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong/incorrectly in trying to link both an image and an item to the card draw results?

As mentioned previously, even though I have had FG for years, I have not used it much so suspect it is something simple that I'm doing wrong or missing in my attempts to make this work.

Editing this posts since no one has answered yet (suspect Trenlow and the other knowledgeable people who watch this thread are busy):

I was looking at feature that I was thinking about adding to the character sheet for the FGU implementation of a game that I've been working on for years and am hoping to be able to get additional play-test groups going to further test it out. It appears that this feature (check boxes, used to keep track of uses of skills for advancement/improvement purposes) is doable in the MoreCore rules set. Does the card extension (which I'm extremely impressed with and will come in handy as cards are the major mechanic behind this system) work with the MoreCore rules set also?

I get the impression from the reading I've done in the last hour or so that MoreCore is a heavily modified version of the Core system that I'm currently trying to implement this in, but wanted to check to see if it would cause problems, because if the card extension won't work with it then there is no sense in even considering switching over to MoreCore from the Core system.
    Last edited by adsmalley; March 2nd, 2022 at 04:02.
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Never heard a response back, so suspect maybe others read it before I had edited it to be clearer what I was asking.

Will the card table extension work with the MoreCore rules set?

Is there some trick or process that I'm missing to be able to link card images to the table results or the card items created and linked to the table results? I can't seem to link the images to either the table. I have tried dragging the image link to the table, which didn't work. So then created items for each card that I linked to each card in the card table, but then can't seem to link the image for each card to the card item either (that is now linked to each card result on the table). Had also tried to create a second column on the table, but that won't let me drag the image to that second column either. Is there some other extension that I need in order to link the card images to the card table or items?
    Aaron Smalley
    40+ years of RPG GMing

Thread Information