STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 17 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Will this work with Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycandus View Post
    Will this work with Unity?
    I haven't tried it. Give it a try and let us know please!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Each table is a deck, so make one table per player. Then share each table with the relevant player.

If the table has links to other records, then those will need to be accessible to the player using the table - either shared records from a campaign, or a module the player has open

EDIT: The issue you'll have is that the player can't edit the table - it will be read only to them. They can re-shuffle the deck (via the right hand menu) and the drawn cards will be marked as "used" if the GM has "Auto?" checked. But the player can't manually mark cards as used, only the GM can.
    ok, but if the player draws three cards from the deck how do I attach the card to the player so they can use to cheat on their skill check?
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    ok, but if the player draws three cards from the deck how do I attach the card to the player so they can use to cheat on their skill check?
    They (or you) would drag the resulting text or links reported by the table to the chat window (when they draw the “card”) from there to their character sheet (if it accepts links, as in MoreCore character sheets) or a Note.

This is my plan for some games I’ll be hosting. One of the links the table will report is an image of the card in question. So the players really will get the card. AND since the GM can restrict access to the card to only the player(s) that should see it, private hands of cards are possible.

Bada-bing, bada-boom.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

im trying to get things up and running a trough the breach game
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    im trying to get things up and running a trough the breach game
    If cards are a central resolution mechanic, you may want to use the officially-supported Savage Worlds ruleset that builds these features in with various tools. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....php?id=DGASW3

That's not a perfect solution, either, since you'd then be dealing with a lot of custom content specific to Savage Worlds on the character sheets, etc.

Minor update available in post #1.

v0.7: message in chat to indicate deck needs shuffling when trying to get a card from an empty deck.

Thanks to superteddy57 for the code!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, just found this.. this will work with core or MoreCore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    Oh, just found this.. this will work with core or MoreCore, right?
    Yes. See the second paragraph in the first post! ;-)

I'm doing some testing with this. Very nice. It looked as if I needed to open the table to roll. I can drag the Roll button to the shortcut bar, but it will be stuck at a certain value when I do that. This can be solved: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p/t-61681.html

type /rollon tablename in the chat and drag that to the hotkey (don't press enter)

Thread Information