STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    then there may be a transient issue between your network and the FG server at this time....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    then there may be a transient issue between your network and the FG server at this time....
    I guess the issue is from my ISP then. Several of my friends from other states are not having the issue.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Blog Entries
    Thanks khersheyjr for checking. And updating.
    It could be your ISP it could be someone in between.
    Hopefully its something that is affecting more sites/routes and they are working on it.
    Last edited by damned; February 20th, 2015 at 10:42.

Will we be allowed to run published/licensed games or do they all have to be original? and Do they need to be on-shot games or can it be something players would have to attend over time?

Blog Entries
    Hello Tassadar!
    The only restriction we put on the games is that they be safe for younger players (If you really wanted to run something adult only we could talk about it).
    All the PFS stuff will be Paizo material.
    We have had people run 2 and 3 part sessions at previous FG Con's.
    We really enourage you as a GM to run what you want and let the players decide if they want to participate Sometimes good games clash with others, time doesnt work for the players etc and a game doesnt run but most games do go ahead.
    What do you have in mind?

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by khersheyjr View Post
    I guess the issue is from my ISP then. Several of my friends from other states are not having the issue.
    Run a broadband speed test, there are several around. These will generally download a file, and then upload that same file, to test your download and upload speeds.
    e.g. https://www.which.co.uk/technology/c...et-connection/
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Will we be allowed to run published/licensed games or do they all have to be original? and Do they need to be on-shot games or can it be something players would have to attend over time?
    Just to expand on what damned said - absolutely, run published material if you like. Fantasy Grounds shares maps/artwork and other copyright material via encryption so players can only use that material while connected to you, they can't use it after. So it's OK using published (copyright) material at FG Con.

Regarding multi-session adventures. These have been ran at previous conventions - you'll probably end up not having exactly the same players for each session, although you may be lucky. Just be clear in your event posting which is part 1, 2, etc. and that it is an ongoing adventure that will pick up where the last left off.

Please make sure that you keep the game paced well and that you complete each session within the allotted time - many players will be booking into other sessions outside of your game and might be running from your game to the next.

Use pregens Whatever game you plan to run, use pregens for the PCs. This is a pretty standard convention approach and players will expect it (with the exception of organised play such as PFS and D&D Adventurers League, which have their own setup/rules for people using their own characters) and allows you to jump right into the game with just a small amount of time explaining to the players the PCs available and the players making a selection. This aids you in getting going with the minimum of hassle, not having to communicate with players before the game and review the PCs they come up with. It also allows you to make sure the party has a good balance and perhaps work in some role-playing links between the PCs. If a player contacts you saying they'd really like to bring their own character I'd recommend you just tell thing "this is a short convention scenario, we'll be using pregens" - it's just easier all round if you do that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I will be running "The Tower Out of Time" using the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG system.

No experience is necessary - if you have played D&D before, then you can definitely handle DCC RPG. The rules are very streamlined and emphasize fast, simplified gameplay. The mood harkens back to classic swords and sorcery, with mysterious monsters (more Fiend Folio than Monster Manual) and unpredictable magic. Exploration and combat play out in theatre of the mind. I will display a map, but this is not a miniatures game. PC death is not uncommon, which injects a healthy dose of tension into the action.

Blog Entries
    lets try and get you a good DCC CoreRPG Char Sheet between now and then

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    I studied the one you sent me and watched Doug's video tutorial, so I don't think that will be a major problem this time. It would be nice if the character sheet entries did not sort alphabetically, and displaying attack/damage rolls for NPCs in the combat tracker would be really great. But, those are nit-picky things, not a big deal.

A little more about DCC RPG for the unfamiliar from a recent blog post:

Whereas many fantasy RPGs and retro-clones are tightly-defined with genre-appropriate ideas and canon, this is not the case for Dungeon Crawl Classics. While there's plenty of room for iconic traditional fantasy, there is no shortage of strangeness which would not have a place in more tightly-defined games. One game session the PC might be infiltrating the dark tower of school's bone-clad necromancers to stop a dangerous ritual. The next session a meteor from space might crash near the village, from which emerges Rotol the Conqueror, Extra-Dimensional Alien Overlord who must feed on the brain matter of sapient humans to grow to full power.

Thread Information