5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Thank you all for the well wishes, my recovery is coming along quite nicely. I have been back at work for a few weeks and finally managed to get my site back online. Hopefully I will find a bit of time to dive back into working on my campaign and some additional extension content over the next couple of weeks. I appreciate the good tidings from all!

I have a question on this extension. When I use the calendar it shows my players the months and days of the calendar I have chosen for my game (one of the default ones) but it does not show them the phases of the moons. Can this information be transmitting to the players? Do they have to have the extension as well?

Hello,

Anyone else having issues with the moon setup interface where the input labels are skewed into the scroll title bar, making reading them difficult?

Thank you

I do not know if I understood something wrong, but it seems that there is no way to determine manually which phase the moon should be on a specific day. That is a problem because, in Forgotten Realms, on the 1st of every month the moon is full. This determines the date of holidays throughout the year. However, the ext always starts the month with the new moon. It seems that the developer no longer offers support, but it would be interesting if someone modified it to implement the option to manually determine the phase of the moon on particular days.

Quote Originally Posted by GainunX View Post
    However, the ext always starts the month with the new moon.
    That's what the "shift" parameter is for. This is the number of days that the moon phase is shifted.

With shift = 0 then you will get "New Moon" on the very first day when the calendar started - "day 0".

There are 8 phases to the moon in this extension: "New Moon", "Waxing Crescent", "First Quarter", "Waxing Gibbous", "Full Moon", "Waning Gibbous", "Last Quarter", "Waning Crescent". These are divided among the days of the moons "cycle" setting. If the cycle was 32 there would be exactly 4 days per each moon phase.

So, for example, if you wanted day 0 to be a "full moon" (which is the 5th moon phase in the extension's lost of phases), with a cycle of 32 days, you'd set phase to be 17 to have day 0 be the first of the four day "full moon" phase to 14 if you wanted day 0 to be the last day of the four day "full moon" phase.

Changing this extension to manually determine the phase of the moon on particular days would basically break all of this code - as it relies on moons having a set cycle and not jumping all over the place.

According to the Forgotten Realms wiki here: https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wi...C3%BBne_(moon) The moon has a set cycle of 30 days, 10 hours, and 30 minutes (30.4375). It is full on 1/1/1372 DR and every 4 years after. And "Selūne was generally full around the first day of each month, give or take a day" - not exactly full on the beginning of each month.

So, you could set up a moon with period = 30.4375 and shift = 6, and this should work fine if the calendar is correct. Unfortunately, the Forgotten Realms calendar that comes with FG does not have the leap day (Shieldmeet) implemented (it mentions it in the name if you click on Midsummer). So it won't work 100% with the default Forgotten Realms calendar in FG.

For it to work (with my limited testing) in the Forgotten Realms calendar module that comes with FG use: Period = 30.41666 and Shift = 14.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    For it to work (with my limited testing) in the Forgotten Realms calendar module that comes with FG use: Period = 30.41666 and Shift = 14. [/IMG]
    This worked enough! I even tried to change the "shift" parameter, but I could not understand exactly how it worked. Thanks for the explanation!

Does the Forgotten Realms calendar have an extension that can implement the leap day? If not, I can write one and it will work 100% correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Does the Forgotten Realms calendar have an extension that can implement the leap day? If not, I can write one and it will work 100% correctly.
    I don't know if there is an extension. The only leap information available within the CoreRPG ruleset is for a Gregorian lunar cycle see the onInit function in scripts\manager_calendar.lua for the setup for the "gregorian" lunardaycalc set in the calendar module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, here is a modified Forgotten Realms calendar. You must load the extension first, then reset the calendar, open the module, and load the new calendar. This will display Shieldmeet every 4 years, and using the moon settings in the attached image, you should get a full moon around the first of every month as you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    OK, here is a modified Forgotten Realms calendar. You must load the extension first, then reset the calendar, open the module, and load the new calendar. This will display Shieldmeet every 4 years, and using the moon settings in the attached image, you should get a full moon around the first of every month as you desire.
    This is more than I wanted =)
    Thanks! You guys are incredible

Thread Information