FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

DMFirmy's Moon Tracker Extension

Updated extension available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...433#post415433

——————————————————

I have just uploaded the initial release for my new Moon Phase Tracker extension to my website. The download page can be found here

The source code is also available on my GitHub Repository page.

This is an extension for Fantasy Grounds that improves upon the functionality for the built-in calendar function by allowing it to track the phases for the moons in your campaign. A new button has been added to the Calendar window for configuring the moons for your campaign. Clicking this button opens up a configuration window, allowing you to add as many moons for your campaign as you wish, defining their names, phase periods, and phase shift. Once configured, clicking on any day on the calendar will display the moon phases for that day in a new panel that has been added to the calendar window.

Attachment 8194Attachment 8195Attachment 8196

This extension is designed to work out-of-the-box for all campaigns that use one of the pre-build calendars. For rulesets that use a custom calendar that requires registering for the CalendarManager events registerChangeCallback, registerLunarDayHandler, or registerMonthVarHandler, this extension will also work with a bit of additional configuration. From within your ruleset you will need to make sure that the above registrations occur after the extension has been loaded. A good way to do this is to register the Interface.onDesktopInit event and to register your callbacks with the CalendarManager within this function.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 27th, 2018 at 07:46.

I guess it is worth noting that even though this extension is fully functional and I have made it publicly available, I still have a ton of other ideas for this extension and I will continue to actively develop it for some time. Some planned features include adding the ability to export moon configurations, improving the performance for the phase calculations for calendars that have a long history (for example, in my own campaign the current year is 129,599 of the 12'th age, and calculating the epochday parameter with a value of 4.66556e+007 can be SLOW), and improved integration with the calendar event system to allow events to record the current moon phase.

In future versions of this extension, I am contemplating the idea of adding a system for tracking the orbital positions of the moons and the sun to calculate eclipses, but this will be a pretty large enhancement that will require me to really put some thought into its design.

Can't download. Does any1 have this ext file and is willing to share?
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Recently I suffered a terrible car accident, and my website had been down while I am out of work for recovery. The full extension source is still available on GitHub though, and hopefully I will get the site back up around the first of the month.

Sorry to hear that, I wish you successful and fast recovery and good health.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Here is to a speedy, complete and as painfree as possible recovery.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Attached is the latest version from the DMFirmy's GitHub page... dunno if I named it properly, but it'll work until the author has recovered enough to upload his own. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, DMFirmy!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I just downloaded this yesterday and applied it to my Dragonlance game (magic is greatly affected by the phases of the moon).

Absolutely LOVE this extension. Well done, and I hope you are doing better.

Thread Information