DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Targeting inside Combat Tracker

So I have a goblin and a PC in the combat tracker.
    I can use the Target feature to have the goblin target the PC (all within the Combat Tracker), but when I roll the dice, it no longer applies to the PC. I am pretty sure this worked before the latest update.

I can still drag and drop the ATK/DMG info number onto the PC and it rolls and applies attack/damage info correctly, but if the PC is just targeted, and I roll the dice in the chat window, it does *not* appear to work.

Not the end of the world, since drag-and-dropping the dice still works, but just something odd. Perhaps I am mistaken about how this used to work, or how it works at all.

Did a quick check and this is working for me. Try turning off all extension and seeing if it still doesn't work.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Did a quick check and this is working for me. Try turning off all extension and seeing if it still doesn't work.
    I only have one extension (Locations), and it is now disabled.
    It still doesn't work if I try to just drag a dice from the Combat Track onto the chat window. It still *does* work if I drop the die onto the target, or double-click the ATK number.
    I forgot to mention, if it helps: 5E ruleset, 3.0.9 version of Fantasy Grounds.

That might be it. I tried and it's working for me but, I've got 3.0.10 test version. Try updating to the test version and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    I only have one extension (Locations), and it is now disabled.
    It still doesn't work if I try to just drag a dice from the Combat Track onto the chat window. It still *does* work if I drop the die onto the target, or double-click the ATK number.
    I forgot to mention, if it helps: 5E ruleset, 3.0.9 version of Fantasy Grounds.
    Just as a point of note: the Locations Extension (and, incidentally, the Weather Extension) are self contained in terms of their code and which areas of FG they modify (ie they don't, apart from the Menubar) - neither Extension will cause any problems with existing FG functionality. All "connections" and "tie-ins" are one way: into the Extensions.

Yes, its good practice to disable everything as a trouble-shooting exercise when you have a problem, but I'll be INCREDIBLY surprised if either of these two Extensions caused any problems with any FGv3.0.8+ Ruleset (or other Extension, for that matter, but you never know what another Extension Author is going to do )

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Now I am on version 3.0.10.

It still doesn't work if I try to just drag a dice from the Combat Track onto the chat window.
    It still *does* work if I drop the die onto the target, or double-click the ATK number

It really isn't the biggest deal to me; I have two ways to roll ATK/DMG, so it's not like the program is non-functional in any way. It's mostly just strange to me.

shemantis, this is actually working as designed. There is intended to be a way for players (and GMs) to roll dice without using the targetting information, and dropping the dice on the chat window does this. All other methods of rolling dice - dropping the dice on the Combat Tracker, dropping the dice on a token on the map, double-clicking on fields in the character sheet - use the targetting.

Oops. Looks like I misread the original post. Yes, Callum is correct and that's what I would have said if I'd read your post properly. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    shemantis, this is actually working as designed. There is intended to be a way for players (and GMs) to roll dice without using the targetting information, and dropping the dice on the chat window does this. All other methods of rolling dice - dropping the dice on the Combat Tracker, dropping the dice on a token on the map, double-clicking on fields in the character sheet - use the targetting.
    So even though this is dragging the ATK/DMG numbers (not just the dice at the bottom of the screen), and dropping it on the chat window, it should *not* target the PC?

Not arguing, just clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    So even though this is dragging the ATK/DMG numbers (not just the dice at the bottom of the screen), and dropping it on the chat window, it should *not* target the PC?

Not arguing, just clarifying.
    Yes, that's right. It's to give you the option of making an attack or damage roll without automatically applying the result to the currently selected target(s).

Thread Information