STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Sounds like the OP would like some kind of augmented reality derived input to FG. The best potential for it, that I have seen is this product Osmo
    https://www.playosmo.com/home.html?u...layosmo.com%2F
    Would lend itself perfectly to a dice tray that recognises your dice roll results, getting that data into FG is another matter. Aurasma is another product that could use an iPhone and AR to record physical dice rolls, might need customised dice to ease face recognition. Easiest that occurs to me is dark dice with white inked pips/numbers then colour pips of each face a different hue.

Blog Entries
    This one might be for Moon_Wizard....
    Attachment 8003

If a player does an Attack roll (or damage roll) and hasnt targeted an enemy you can still drag the result on to the enemy/combat-tracker and it will evaluate it...
    Would it be possible to create a /command like
    /attack 22
    /damage 8
    which would create a draggable/applicable value that could then be applied similar to the above graphic.

You could use this for GM fudge rolls too then....
    maybe others could be
    /fudge 3
    which is just reserved for the GM!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

If a player does an Attack roll (or damage roll) and hasnt targeted an enemy you can still drag the result on to the enemy/combat-tracker and it will evaluate it...
    /attack 22
    /damage 8
    which would create a draggable/applicable value that could then be applied similar to the above graphic.

You could use this for GM fudge rolls too then....
    maybe others could be
    /fudge 3
    which is just reserved for the GM!
    The hard part would be how to associate the slash command with a certain attack so it comes across right.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Attachment 8003

/attack 22
    /damage 8
    I don't know of a way to set a d20 roll that is typed as an attack, but you can set damage to be a specific number with the current damage action of a spell in the Actions tab. Just make a d6 damage action set to maximize with + caster level and -6. The maximize & -6 will neutralize the roll and the damage will equal the caster level. Then you just set the number in the CL slot to be the amount of damage to apply and it will always 'roll' that amount of damage.

Could do the same for a d20 but it would be typed as damage and probably wouldn't interact with AC and stuff like an attack roll.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The hard part would be how to associate the slash command with a certain attack so it comes across right.
    Im unsure how complex this could be... I certainly think that getting a fudge roll to use all the resistance modifiers and stuff would be horribly difficult but Im just talking about having a straight attack roll number vs the targets AC only. this would enable ppl to roll dice and still use some of the automation/tracking of FG. I was just wondering how hard it would be to implement....

Agreed. If you keep it really simple and just compare the attack number to the target number it should be fairly straight forward. As soon as more is added it would get complex very quickly.

I used to use FG face-to-face. I had a TV logged in as a player set up so all players could see it, and I had access to the "GM's screen" for setting up battle maps, displaying images, etc.

Later on, more players would bring laptops, and if a player was not able to attend in person, they found they loved the ability to play even remotely. It made not playing do to missing players almost stop completely.

As for the gaming face to face. Dice rolls were always physical, as were conversations. Even today I prefer using Skype to voice chat while we play (and we do play remotely, since I left the area) for voice communications rather than I used to use FG similar to MasterPlan (https://masterplan.habitualindolence.net/) but I liked the flexibility that the software works for any game. I prefer FG overall, but only because of the rigid nature of MasterPlan.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    It is possible, generates some inconvenience (did I spelled it right? ), because inputing rolls manually takes additional time, and I think FG won't be able to perform some automatic calculations related to rolls.

Personally, I see no reason or added value for using FG this way - most things work in that case just like sitting around the kitchen table with battlemap. Maybe if you'd tell us what do you want to achieve by using FG this way, or what do you expect, it'd be easier to address this topic.
    Some of my players like the feel of rolling dice and also handling coins, it would be nice to let them roll but enter their result so that fg can do all calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    ...it would be nice to let them roll but enter their result so that fg can do all calculations.
    This is a thread from over 6 years ago.

Manual roll entry has been available in FG for a few years now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    Some of my players like the feel of rolling dice and also handling coins, it would be nice to let them roll but enter their result so that fg can do all calculations.
    See the options to turn on manual rolling; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...mpaign+Options

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information