DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Skinsaw Murders - legal question

Hi,

I've made a module based on RotR Anniversary Edition I own for my own use - is there ANY way I can legally send it so other GMs? If they, i.e., provide some proof they own the book? Cause it'd be shame if my work can be used only by myself, and if someone else owns rights to this Adventure Path, it seems legal to share with him.

I'd gladly share, but don't want to cause any trouble.

There is a special arrangement with Paizo that allows sharing of scenario data *only* for Paizo scenarios that are PFS sanctioned. Info here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ilable-modules and here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Module%28s%29

This only covers the scenario specific data and the sharer should get proof of ownership of the product from the person they are sharing the module with. The sharing must be private (don't post the module anywhere public) and don't include other copyright protected material - such as maps, images, story, etc. that aren't included in the single product you are sharing.

This is purely an agreement with Paizo for any PFS (Pathfinder Society) scenarios and PFS sanctioned modules, it doesn't cover any other products/publishers.

As the Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition is sanctioned for PFS play then you can privately share the scenario content in the form of a Fantasy Grounds module with someone who can prove to you that they own the same product.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    ...is there ANY way I can legally send it so other GMs? If they, i.e., provide some proof they own the book? Cause it'd be shame if my work can be used only by myself, and if someone else owns rights to this Adventure Path, it seems legal to share with him.
    As an FYI, for products without permission of the copyright holder you cannot legally send copyright material to another party - even if the other party owns the product the material is based on. Purchasing the product doesn't give you any copyright permissions based on that product.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information