DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 23 First 123412 ... Last
    My pleasure!

Has anybody had success doing this on Steam? Does it work automatically in Linux in Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    My pleasure!
    Has anybody had success doing this on Steam? Does it work automatically in Linux in Steam?
    It doesn't even show up in Steam under Linux for me. I did get it installed manually using the original post in this thread.

That brings me to a question perhaps someone can answer... I dual boot Windows 10 (was 8.1 until recently) and Linux Mint 17.2. I prefer and mostly use Mint and now have Fantasy Grounds running in both. The question is, can I point the FG I have installed in WINE in Linux to the mods and tokens and saves I have under Windows. I can read all my Windows drives in Linux, so pointing it to specific directories should be hard (theoretically). Does anyone know what paths I should be pointing to and if this is even a settable option in FG?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    If you can read AND write all the Win files from Linux then it should be possible.

On Splash Screen go to Settings and (note current data directory and record just in case) then navigate to the Win path and save...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you can read AND write all the Win files from Linux then it should be possible.
    On Splash Screen go to Settings and (note current data directory and record just in case) then navigate to the Win path and save...
    It's not only possible, I wound up doing exactly as you said shortly after I posted my original question. I discovered that everything I needed was indeed in the two Settings paths (App: and Data: ) I just changed those from the WINE defaults to the Windows partition defaults, ran Update and boom. Good to go.

Thanks for the response!

I keep my Data in a Google Drive folder, using a symbolic link to point there. Did not know you could just specify a custom location.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    I keep my Data in a Google Drive folder, using a symbolic link to point there.
    Be careful with keeping live FG data on a synced folder. Quite a few people have reported campaign/cache corruption using drive/box sync products on the FG live data which has caused them to have "weird" issues or even lose a lot of their work. This isn't recommended... You may have been lucky and avoided any issues so far, but I'd strongly suggest you don't use a synch app on live FG data.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 17th, 2015 at 15:36.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have seen that happen in instances where FG was open on more than one system pointing to the same folder. Totally understood it is not supported, but for module development it is nice to have some version control and automatic backups. Not mention I can hop between systems if required. Not recommended, but I can hack it.

Getting the error:

HandleFile
    Unable to save file (steam_api.dll)

Any advice?

Blog Entries
    Can you look in your install folder and manually delete or rename it if it already exists and then re-run the update?

Hey all,

Thank you for the OP for the details on the installation. I installed it successfully on my Linux Mint 17.3 64 bits.

I also can report that I used Wine 1.9.2 on 64 bits (since my installation is 64) and it also works flawlessly.

Thank you !

Thread Information