Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I just checked and it's not adding the monsters' DEX mod for me either. I hadn't even noticed before.

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistamichal View Post
    I just checked and it's not adding the monsters' DEX mod for me either. I hadn't even noticed before.
    Me too.

Can I have more information on this

[CoreRPG+] Added targeting toggle to modifier stack to specify whether rolls should use targeting information, regardless of whether they are rolled in the chat window or via a button.

I am not sure what targeting information your referring to, I can see you have a click option to turn it on or off and it seem to just be an on off for the modifierstack. Is this targeting info refering to something else??

The reason I am asking is I now need to fix my ruleset and trying to figure out should I just keep the old modifier stack or leave this feature in which does not seem no more helpful then just setting the modifierstack to 0 I am sure there is more to this then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Can I have more information on this

[CoreRPG+] Added targeting toggle to modifier stack to specify whether rolls should use targeting information, regardless of whether they are rolled in the chat window or via a button.

I am not sure what targeting information your referring to, I can see you have a click option to turn it on or off and it seem to just be an on off for the modifierstack. Is this targeting info refering to something else??

The reason I am asking is I now need to fix my ruleset and trying to figure out should I just keep the old modifier stack or leave this feature in which does not seem no more helpful then just setting the modifierstack to 0 I am sure there is more to this then that.
    There has been confusion quite a few times recently where players targeted a baddie but dragged their attack/damage dice to the chat window and were thinking targeting wasn't working. In FG 3.0.9, if you drag dice to the chat window to roll them - even if it is attack, damage, heal, etc. action dice then targeting won't be used. This is to allow out-of-sequence rolls to be made without using any current targeting. The new toggle allows dropping a roll into the chat window to use targeting (new feature) or not use targeting (the current 3.0.9 functionality).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would like to see a toggle/GM option to change how HD are spent--rolled vs static value (half rounded up)
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thanks Trenloe, I think that makes sense, however i think i should be unaffected by this. Thanks for the info.

In the C&C ruleset, thrown weapons should use the Dex modifier like Projectile weapons do for the "to hit" roll (but continue to use the Str modifier for damage on thrown weapons).

Xorn,

Are you talking about the 5E ruleset? Should the static (half rounded up) application be campaign-wide, or are you looking for both options on the character sheet?

I'm just concerned that this will confuse people, since it's not mentioned in rules as is basically house rule from what I can tell. Especially if there are multiple mechanisms to roll HD from character sheets (i.e. is player confusion and interface complexity worth feature gain?). Is this an official option somewhere?

Thanks,
    JPG

VenomousFiligree
    Noticed this a few times now. An effect clears on the initiative number rather than turn. ie if two players are on the same initiative and the second person on that initiative has an effect it will clear on the first persons turn.

Yes, that's expected behavior. It was a deliberate choice, otherwise, you have to deal with the situation where initiative for a creature changes (i.e. ready, delay) and how to handle effects that expire on their turn.

If it is important to an encounter, I will adjust initiatives so that they are unique for each PC and NPC group.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information