FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Test release v3.0.10

Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is a placeholder for adding minor features and bug fixes.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates

• [5E] Added PC spell option for half damage on successful save.
    • [5E] Added support for Avoidance and Evasion effects, which will negate/halve damage on success/fail of appropriate save types.
    • [5E] Cast button in PC Actions tab (Actions Display mode) did not show correct tooltip. Fixed.

JPG

Awesome! Any particular mechanic to get Half Damage on save to work?

[Edit] Nevermind! Found it under spell ability microscope.

Just thought I would bring this up. If a character's initiative is 0 it doesn't show up on the combat tracker. This comes up more in 5E since the initiative doesn't increase based on level. So someone with a neg dex mod will get it fairly frequently like my dwarven cleric. You probably need to differentiate between no initiative rolled and a 0 or negative initiative.

Definitely agree. I have also raised this point in the past because I didn't understand why init values were blank (from negative init) and couldn't tell if init had been rolled or not. Also, I wish there could be improved handling of fully dead creatures with visual feedback for the combat tracker and tokens (different coloring, graying out the CT entry, drawing a slash through the token, etc.) + have the CT skip over them.

Griogre,
    Currently, FG does not have the concept of a null value in the number fields. A long time ago, I briefly played around with setting it to -10000 as the default and hidden values, but then you got unexpected behavior when you used mouse wheel. Otherwise, to track a combatant as "unrolled" requires a new feature and field to be built into the CT to specify a creature as unrolled and to react differently to all CT features based on that value (i.e. do you add them when you drag faction controls to map? Do you "rest" them when selecting party rest? etc.).

Holognome,
    These other things are essentially feature requests that should be added to wish list. I just did a review of a majority of the wish list items as part of our Unity process.

Regards,
    JPG

Couldn't you just default a initiative of 0 or lower as 1, like you do with damage? Hopefully that would be a quick fix. Also how does fantasy grounds determine target distance between two people on the grid? An argument came up last Sunday over it.

Initiative
    No, because technically you can have initiatives equal to or less than 1 (negative Dex ability modifier), which is what caused the question in the first place. I think that this will have to be a corner case that we don't support for now, since it doesn't come up that often and the fix will be a fair amount of work and may cause issues with other code that depends on initiative (such as effect application, etc.).

Distance
    Distance is calculated in FG based on "units" of distance (i.e. squares) to the target multiplied by the ruleset unit distance, and diagonal multiplier. The distance value is calculated as the (floor(diagonals * diagonal multiplier) * unit distance) + ((max(horizontal,vertical)-diagonals) * unit distance). Therefore the unit distances will always be in whole "units" as specified by the ruleset. For example in 3.5E and 5E rulesets, the unit distance is 5, and the diagonal multiplier is 1.5.

Specifically targeting distance is calculated from the center of the nearest square containing the source of the targeting (based on size from CT) to the nearest square containing the target of the targeting (based on size from CT). If the token is not linked to the CT, then the maximum radial edge of the token graphic is used to calculated the distance.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Griogre,
    Currently, FG does not have the concept of a null value in the number fields. A long time ago, I briefly played around with setting it to -10000 as the default and hidden values, but then you got unexpected behavior when you used mouse wheel. Otherwise, to track a combatant as "unrolled" requires a new feature and field to be built into the CT to specify a creature as unrolled and to react differently to all CT features based on that value (i.e. do you add them when you drag faction controls to map? Do you "rest" them when selecting party rest? etc.).
    I understand the problem with null but maybe a bool rolledInit = false; Set to true on the field being updated and false on a rest or resetting the combat tracker? Flags are ugly but this would have little impact on the rest of the code and you could use it to show or not show 0.

Half damage on save

This feature doesn't seem to be working (5E ruleset).

Situation: character Thunderwaves a ghost (resist thunder damage). The ghost makes its DC 12 Con roll, which should result in damage x 0.5 (resist) x 0.5 (made save) but only the resistance is being applied.

Thread Information