DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 22 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Do you have popups blocked? What browser are you using
    Dave

Adventurers League Online Local Coordinator
    https://www.ALOnlineTools.net

Has this tool been taken down? Site does not exist

: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Has this tool been taken down? Site does not exist

: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    Working for me.

I actually meant this site: https://www.dawpage.com/files/fgiisetup.msi

It does not exist.

I moved it online, it is here now https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx

Dave
    Dave

Adventurers League Online Local Coordinator
    https://www.ALOnlineTools.net

Quote Originally Posted by DAWPage View Post
    I moved it online, it is here now https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx

Dave
    Thanks Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, you are using the wrong tool. FG never has been a character management tool and whilst it may well have more facilities when the switch is made to Unity I don't ever see it being one. The core of the program is to allow play over a virtual table top and although some users no doubt use it with all of their players in the same room the majority by far use it for the purpose it is designed for. Thus the need for printing for the majority of cases is zero.
    Are we using the same tool? Since version 1 FG has stored your character sheets, Tracked their items etc. It may be a limited character management tool, but it certainly purports to be one. People have been asking for a way to print these sheets for over ten years. It baffles my brain on why its such a forbidden functionality. It has to be we either don't know how to manage the licensing or don't want to mess with it because its certainly not a technical hurdle when players have been able to come up with work arounds.

I have always played a mix of face to face and online play and the first toolset (FG, R20, HL whatever) that solves these dogma problems of But we aren't a face to face tool or we aren't a VTT will get my money. For Pathfinder I have a working solution in I can import characters from HL in Fantasy Grounds. So far for 5e there is no character import from HL or PCGen (Unless I've just missed it would love to hear thats the case.) Those limitations make me hold off on buying things like the PHB and MM for 5e. My players want to play it, but so far the offering is incomplete. If you want to say FG is not a character management tool you better be able to show me the feature set on how I get my data in and out of FG to a character management system. But i really seems to me it would be easier to add the few simple things left to complete the tools you already have. Print the basic sheets. Even if its only with a reference to the rule book for spell details.

Sorry for the frustration in my tone, but its frustrating. It seems I sepnd more time lately working around limitations on these tools than I do playing games with them.

Pikup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikup View Post
    Are we using the same tool? Since version 1 FG has stored your character sheets, Tracked their items etc. It may be a limited character management tool, but it certainly purports to be one. People have been asking for a way to print these sheets for over ten years. It baffles my brain on why its such a forbidden functionality. It has to be we either don't know how to manage the licensing or don't want to mess with it because its certainly not a technical hurdle when players have been able to come up with work arounds.

I have always played a mix of face to face and online play and the first toolset (FG, R20, HL whatever) that solves these dogma problems of But we aren't a face to face tool or we aren't a VTT will get my money. For Pathfinder I have a working solution in I can import characters from HL in Fantasy Grounds. So far for 5e there is no character import from HL or PCGen (Unless I've just missed it would love to hear thats the case.) Those limitations make me hold off on buying things like the PHB and MM for 5e. My players want to play it, but so far the offering is incomplete. If you want to say FG is not a character management tool you better be able to show me the feature set on how I get my data in and out of FG to a character management system. But i really seems to me it would be easier to add the few simple things left to complete the tools you already have. Print the basic sheets. Even if its only with a reference to the rule book for spell details.

Sorry for the frustration in my tone, but its frustrating. It seems I sepnd more time lately working around limitations on these tools than I do playing games with them.

Pikup
    Pikup there have been 2 printing options for 5e character sheets for quite some time.

So I'm aware of this one. A third party utility created and hosted by a user. (Fantastic tool btw) Is the other one built into the software?

Thread Information