DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 22 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but you don't print from most video games -- even those built to simulate parts of an RPG. I can create a character in Baldur's Gate or any other RPG and then play using that character within that game but yet I don't have a print option for that character sheet. MS Word and Office is built to generate documents for print. FG was never built with that as a purpose. To further complicate the issue, we license material from various publishers who sell print versions of products. They don't have an expectation that people would be able to simply print everything from FG or generate a PDF since that would then compete with other offerings they have available or that they sell directly.

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, you are using the wrong tool. FG never has been a character management tool and whilst it may well have more facilities when the switch is made to Unity I don't ever see it being one. The core of the program is to allow play over a virtual table top and although some users no doubt use it with all of their players in the same room the majority by far use it for the purpose it is designed for. Thus the need for printing for the majority of cases is zero.
    There are many gamers who don't play online and have no use for FG for that. But what IF they could use it to manage characters? Perhaps your license may have limits as to how SW can use data. It just seems like good business for you to sell thousands more copies of FG to gamers for character creation and management only. I mean if that is what they need FG for why not tweak it a little for that? Make another program. You have the data. Either way the community looks like they will get the job done. If I was mining for coal and found a diamond I wouldn't toss the diamond because it wasn't coal. Just a thought.

FG is great and the DD5 products are right on time and well done. I have the Players and DM sets. I plan to purchase the Monsters set soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
    There are many gamers who don't play online and have no use for FG for that. But what IF they could use it to manage characters? Perhaps your license may have limits as to how SW can use data. It just seems like good business for you to sell thousands more copies of FG to gamers for character creation and management only. I mean if that is what they need FG for why not tweak it a little for that? Make another program. You have the data. Either way the community looks like they will get the job done. If I was mining for coal and found a diamond I wouldn't toss the diamond because it wasn't coal. Just a thought.

FG is great and the DD5 products are right on time and well done. I have the Players and DM sets. I plan to purchase the Monsters set soon.
    Wise words! I hope that in the Unity based version they will add this. This would be a perfect program then.

+1 for Print Function.

It expands the use of the software, increases the marketability of the software and expands it's capabilities.

Add a print function.

Quote Originally Posted by jajen2003 View Post
    +1 for Print Function.

It expands the use of the software, increases the marketability of the software and expands it's capabilities.

Add a print function.
    I will toss an agree in here as well. More features like this that can enable FG owners to use it as a tool to facilitate their roleplaying, not necessarily just as an online role-playing tabletop, would expand the audience and usefulness of the software as a tool.

Great tool. We like using FG for our maps and I keep track of my adventure, but the players want the paper to mark on. I print a new copy every time we play so it is up to date. How are others using this option?

check out: https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx for printing char sheets. My group loves it.

This is unbelievable helpfull! Thanks a Million for it!

But there is one tiny little flaw.
    It seems, that it shows all not identified items as identified in the Inventory and and also in the non consumable magic item Tab and equipment Tab
    Is there a way of getting arround that? (i mean i could just not print the inventory but that would still show the non consumable magic items and equipment Tab)

Has anybody found a solution for that?
    Ultimate License DM[/B]

When I use that alonlinetools.net link, it uploads the file to the site but nothing prints out / no option to save to a PDF... ?

Blog Entries
    The site periodically has issues - if you contact them and let them know they will fix it (reboot?).

Thread Information