FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 22 First ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    Any chance you could try it and see if it works?
    I don't use this. But maybe the discussion on the previous page will help - post #206 in particular.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For anyone else having trouble I can confirm that if you replace the first two lines of the xml with the old text below it works fine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="8|CoreRPG:4">

Thanks to Milmoor on a previous post for that.
    Cheers Trenloe too. Don't know how I missed that.

Can an extension change that first line of the XML export? Wouldn't be what I would expect but I'm out of ideas as to how it could have changed if that code hasn't changed.

The issue is that while they quit calling FGC version 3 it's root version is 3.3 and it uses different XML encoding than FGU. IE FGC's xml files start:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="8|CoreRPG:4">
    While internally FGU is version 4 and starts
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <root version="4.1" dataversion="20210302" release="8.1|CoreRPG:4.1">
    FGU will not run FGC XML but while there are differences in the db.xml they are not, generally, in the character sheet elements so you are fairly safe just exporting the FGC character sheet and changing the first two lines of the XML to what FGU expects.

Just load the exported XML into a text editor like Notepad and change the first two lines.

I understand the issue and the work around but Moon said no code changes have been made in this area in a long time...and as of a few months ago FGU exports worked. I was trying to figure out if I loaded an ext that might have modified this.

Is still functional this tool??
    I can upload the xml file, but there is no more response from the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracz View Post
    Is still functional this tool??
    I can upload the xml file, but there is no more response from the page.
    I am not proficient with this tool. Did you read and try the stuff from the previous comments?

Thread Information