5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 15 of 22 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Here you go...I am not sure why the stats are reversed with the Bonus fields in the left side stat areas...?
    That's the standard way 5E does it - bonus in the large field, actual stat value in the small field. See the character sheets from LMoP: https://media.wizards.com/downloads/...aractersv2.pdf
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just looks odd, mechanically it seems okay, but I think we would of all been better served with the main Stats in the forefront and the bonus in the oval field. The bonus is usually 0, especially at lower levels. I think another color or font type would have highlighted the bonuses or the lack thereof just fine. it just really appears reversed as most of us are used to the pre-5e sheets...

Laerun

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Just looks odd, mechanically it seems okay, but I think we would of all been better served with the main Stats in the forefront and the bonus in the oval field.
    It's a WotC 5E thing. If people are familiar with the 5E standard then they'd complain/get confused if it wan't the official way.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, my bad, sorry for the misunderstanding. I am very grateful to the authors and the creators of this handy online tool!

Cheers & Happy Gaming!

Laerun

Issue with Fantasy Grounds XML Converter - 'AttackDamage21'

To the best of my knowledge, Fantasy Grounds has no official support for the XML converter on the AL Online Tools site. However, I couldn't think of anywhere more appropriate to post. Please let me know if there's somewhere else I should be looking for help.

I have a 19th level wizard who I was adding spells to his actions tab. When I go to convert him using the xml converter I get the following message:

Could not create character. Column 'AttackDamage21' does not belong to table Character.

So, I deleted the character out of Fantasy Grounds and reloaded an older XML. First, I converted that XML to confirm that it works. Then I added the spells and tried to convert. I got the same message. I opened up the XML using Notepad++ and I can't find any reference to AttackDamage21. I suspected the issue might be a specific spell so I started adding them one at a time. On the first spell the converter failed. I tried with a few more spells. Still nothing. I thought maybe using the "Spells" tab on the right was the issue so I opened up library and started adding one spell at a time from the Wizard's spell list in the PHB Deluxe, still nothing.

I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is there someone that is more familiar with the converter that I can send the XML files to?

Blog Entries
    Their script needs to be updated. No clue who runs the site or who wrote the script. Best I could suggest would be reporting it on the AL G+ or FB pages.

Quote Originally Posted by albinonewt View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Fantasy Grounds has no official support for the XML converter on the AL Online Tools site. However, I couldn't think of anywhere more appropriate to post. Please let me know if there's somewhere else I should be looking for help.

I have a 19th level wizard who I was adding spells to his actions tab. When I go to convert him using the xml converter I get the following message:

Could not create character. Column 'AttackDamage21' does not belong to table Character.
    MODERATOR: Moved to the thread related to the converter.

A stab in the dark, but maybe the converter is coded to handle 20 damage entries, and the 21st raises the error? As Talyn says, probably a limitation in the conversation process - either thinking that there wouldn't be more than 20 entries required, sheet display limitations, etc..

Blog Entries
    It's been broken for awhile, even for a brand-new level 1 character with only a couple abilities. I just don't know who to report it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I just don't know who to report it to.
    @DAWPage seems to be the main go-to (based off their posts in this thread).

This is excellent. At the moment the background of the character sheet (i.e. not the presented text) seems to be oddly low-resolution. Any way to fix that? And possibly change the font to not be Comic Sans?

Edit: alternatively, any chance we can get an offline version again?
    Last edited by Bleak Midwinter; August 8th, 2017 at 05:55.

Thread Information