DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Unlock Token Movement

Hi,

How does the GM unlock the token movement arrows on the map. Specifically, we used to just move our our tokens, but now for some reason, dragging a token provides an arrow and distance to a perspective square. The group would like to turn this function off and we were just wondering how to turn this function off.

Thank you.

If you right click on the map you are currently on there's a feature called (un)lock tokens on the bottom left of the radial wheel. Click it and it should fix your issue if that was the issue.
    Last edited by Resdra; January 17th, 2021 at 08:16.

Your DM can also open the image sidebar, there is a toggle for that. For some reason (I do not know the reason) token locking is now turned on as default
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 17th, 2021 at 08:07.

It was requested that token locking default be changed to On by ddavison; so it was included in the most recent release.

We're also looking at making the default GM token movement work like players do; unless the GM overrides with the Shift key.

Regards,
    JPG

It’s a 50/50 call. It’s a good thing with LOS that players can’t move until the DM is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It was requested that token locking default be changed to On by ddavison; so it was included in the most recent release.

We're also looking at making the default GM token movement work like players do; unless the GM overrides with the Shift key.

Regards,
    JPG
    I am looking forward to changing the default of GM movement when token locking is activated That fits better to the user experience, I think

But I think that defaulting token locking to on may worsen the user experience a bit when it is about newcomers; I am not sure whether new people expect that to happen, they probably just expect normally moving tokens Since new people do not necessarily know about the options in the image sidebar etc., token locking may become confusing

Thanks Everyone

Hi,

Thank you everyone for responding to my question. It is very helpful and I appreciate the support. Great community here.

Have a good week everyone!

I was wondering about token locking. I think the default should have remained off but hey im not the boss. I think its tedious for the dm to have to constantly "approve" the moves for each player. Every. Single. Turn. We got enough to do.

But its simple to turn it off so I'll just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    I was wondering about token locking. I think the default should have remained off but hey im not the boss. I think its tedious for the dm to have to constantly "approve" the moves for each player. Every. Single. Turn. We got enough to do.

But its simple to turn it off so I'll just do that.
    Before token locking was implemented the forums were alive with people clamouring for token locking to be implemented because without it the game was 'unplayable'. So perhaps you are in the minority? This is one of these situations where it's impossible to keep everyone happy - except possibly if a global token lock/unlock could be applied. Even then there will be people who will moan that that option should be on or off by default (and not everyone pays any attention to options).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information