STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I was just going through and double-checking my extensions' up-to-dateness, and so I started my test campaign with this extension selected, and I saw v0.3 in the chat window start-up. So I re-acquired the extension from post #1 above, put it in the extensions' directory, restarted FG, and I still see:

Party Sheet Hotkey Skill Check Roller v0.3 for FG v3.0.8 3.5e based rulesets by Trenloe. Copyright 2014 Smiteworks.
    Use: Drag a skill roll from the Party Sheet to the HotKey bar.
    NOTE: will only work after the Party Sheet skill tab has been opened - this must be done each time the campaign is loaded.
    ??

Make sure that you don't have two extension folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Make sure that you don't have two extension folders.
    Hmmm. Last night I was on my laptop (where I usually test things, 'cause I can do it in bed, before going to sleep), but right now I'm on the system where I run my games, and I looked at the Chat startup window, and it shows 'v0.3a'... so, I had already updated (?) this... but that's weird, since I have a single shared filesystem where I put all the extensions and modules, etc., before bringing them in to the extensions/modules folders...

So, yeah, it must be operator error (again), but I don't see how. I'll get it figured out.

Thanks.

-s.west

I blame the gnomes.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

ugghhh... gnomes... Why'd it have to be gnomes?

Blog Entries
    Excuse me? What's wrong with gnomes now? I seriously doubt they were involved.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Our sources would say differently....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The HotKey label is created based off the skill name and target DC selected in the Party Sheet before the roll icon is dragged to the HotKey. The description is used to decode the skill and DC when the roll is made - therefore editing the description could break the functionality.
    Okay, I don't know if this was in the description above or not (didn't see it), but I just found something very interesting with this extension.

When it says the hotbar label controls the skill check, it really means it. You can have it roll a skill check for the party for non-PF custom skills (or PF skills that aren't already in the list). Say you have used the edit button on the characters' skill tabs to add a custom skill called 'Making Puns' and have set the ranks and ability score modifier. You can then go to the party sheet and drag a party skill check (any of them) down to the hotbar, click to edit the label, and change the skill name to 'Making Puns'. Now when you click the hotbar, it will roll the actual Making Puns skills using each character's bonus for that custom skill entry.

This also works for the skills that have sub-names. Say you make a new Knowledge category called 'Military Tactics'. Drag a Knowledge party skill roll to the hotbar and change the field of knowledge in the paranthesis to 'Military Tactics'. It will roll using the modifier for the proper entry from the character's skill tab.

So, I'm not sure if this was mentioned but this extension supports custom skills. (Then again, I may just be dense and it was known all along.)

Looks like 3.1.3 broke this one.

Repro: New campaign, load only this extension, open PS, select skills tab, boom:

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (string_dropdown) in windowclass (ps_skills)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (dropdown) in windowclass (ps_skills)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(skilldc) anchoring to an undefined control (selectedskill) in windowclass (ps_skills)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(skilldc) anchoring to an undefined control (selectedskill) in windowclass (ps_skills)

Thread Information