Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Generic d20 ruleset for unisystem ? or better off using d20 modern ?

Not sure if anyone here plays with unisystem but the core rpg looked a little bare, I mean, it's usable obviously but wanted to see if anyone had better luck repurposing one of the d20 sets instead.

edit: though after looking at my unisystem stuff for stuff like all flesh must be eaten and such, I feel like the core rpg might be just fine.
    Last edited by Grimaxe; October 9th, 2014 at 04:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaxe View Post
    Not sure if anyone here plays with unisystem but the core rpg looked a little bare, I mean, it's usable obviously but wanted to see if anyone had better luck repurposing one of the d20 sets instead.

edit: though after looking at my unisystem stuff for stuff like all flesh must be eaten and such, I feel like the core rpg might be just fine.
    I have created fully-blown ruleset for playing Unisystem games because I tend to prefer that, but since Savage Worlds has much more user-base I have switched to it. Unfortunately we have not get permission from Unisystem's owner to publish/distribute like other rulesets. Because of this issue I have released Unicore ruleset which is customizable and can support Unisytem games if user just does the configuration for it. I haven't maintained Unicore ruleset for long time and I really don't know how stabile it's in current FG engine but if you're interested please give it a try.

Unicore ruleset is different from others, to use it you must have the ruleset and enable at least two extensions: theme and game-system. See example links below:

From Free rulesets page:
    Unicore ruleset

From Free extensions page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Extensions):
    Grayscale theme extension
    Sample game-system

Sample game-system is not Unisystem but you can do pretty much basics with it in your Unisystem games.

PS: Personally I have fully-blown Classic and Cinematic Unisystem game-system extension, but like said because we don't have permission I cannot share them. If we get permission for it, then it's another story.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Grimaxe. Ive just started testing CoreRPG with a randomly chosen RPG to see what it can and cannot do... Video to come soon. Im quite surprised with how useful it may be. Still on Character Sheet only just now... but more useful than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Grimaxe. Ive just started testing CoreRPG with a randomly chosen RPG to see what it can and cannot do... Video to come soon. Im quite surprised with how useful it may be. Still on Character Sheet only just now... but more useful than I thought.
    That sounds cool damned, and yea Ikael the base Unicore doesn't really work if you try to load it up in FG without any modifications (though, that might be intended, since it seemed to be a basic framework for expanding on).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaxe View Post
    That sounds cool damned, and yea Ikael the base Unicore doesn't really work if you try to load it up in FG without any modifications (though, that might be intended, since it seemed to be a basic framework for expanding on).
    If you download all three files and enable them, then the ruleset is usable as any other ~ but like said haven't used it in many years due to defect to Savage Worlds. Still I love all Unisystem settings and heck, I am still wanting to GM Army of Darkness and Angel/Buffy games. Those Cinematic Unisystem game never let me go. In fact at the moment I am converting one of my favorite All Flesh Must Be Eaten campaigns into Savage Worlds. Never let go even when defected.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    If you download all three files and enable them, then the ruleset is usable as any other ~ but like said haven't used it in many years due to defect to Savage Worlds. Still I love all Unisystem settings and heck, I am still wanting to GM Army of Darkness and Angel/Buffy games. Those Cinematic Unisystem game never let me go. In fact at the moment I am converting one of my favorite All Flesh Must Be Eaten campaigns into Savage Worlds. Never let go even when defected.
    Ah nice, well I only saw the one unicore download, the unicore.pak so maybe that's the problem. Should of looked at the extensions maybe?
    Last edited by Grimaxe; October 9th, 2014 at 19:51.

Have a look in my rulesets folder, link below in the sig. There's a EdenConX ruleset that does Unisystem. I've used it for Conspiracy X and WitchCraft.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

The dead arise...

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information