FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Dulux is exactly right - the 2.8 version was just something I used myself and did not work with the 3.0 changes. With the great work he did on the Locations extension I felt it was redundant and put it aside. If you are running 2.8 I can PM a version to try (I think it works?), but I can't test it myself as I have moved to 3.x

Dunno if I'm too late to the conversation here, but based on what would be useful in my early Greyhawk campaign (meaning, game content described in the source materials that could be organized with this extension), I'd toss in another vote for:

* Ranks, with a title and description, perhaps a link to a simple record with a formatted text field, if possible.

* Separate "Alignment" and "Purpose/Goals" fields.

* An elaboration of the previously mentioned field, I'd love a tab called something like "Core Beliefs" or something that just has a formatted text field for detailing out the reason the group exists. It would be the main

* "Locations" field that leverages your buttocks-kicking Locations extension.

* Can it bake a good pepperoni pizza, please?

All FWIW, of course... I'm grateful for your efforts!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Dunno if I'm too late to the conversation here
    No, I'm still gathering info while I work at this (& other things) - all ideas will be evaluated (remember that this will be CoreRPG, ie generic, so some of the things like "Alignment" may have to be thought about very seriously).

Pizza baking: only if your pizza oven has an IP Address and an API that is "known" (ie not proprietary - damn "unique" drivers)

Keep 'em coming

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I just want to say that I am super-excited about this, and hope it is still on its way in some form, at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    I just want to say that I am super-excited about this, and hope it is still on its way in some form, at some time.
    Yeap, its coming - I've just got a lot on at the moment, so you'll have to be patient

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Other features :

*being able link PCs into an organization (you've mentioned NPCs, but PCs are handled differently, aren't they?)
    *faction/organization summary page (RoT has to have its faction tracker, but the one in the book's pretty basic and info poor)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianLurker View Post
    Other features :

*being able link PCs into an organization (you've mentioned NPCs, but PCs are handled differently, aren't they?)
    *faction/organization summary page (RoT has to have its faction tracker, but the one in the book's pretty basic and info poor)
    Thankyou for these suggestion - I hadn't considered PCs, and now I will

Sorry, you lost me with the 2nd suggestion: RoT=???, and what do you mean/expect when you say a "summary page"?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

RoT = Rise of Tiamat.

As for the summary page, think along the lines of that adventure's faction table (https://media.wizards.com/2014/downl...lScorecard.pdf). (Though that really isn't a summary, now that I think about it. But it's what I was thinking of.)

Also useful would be organization-level relationships: who openly (or secretly) controls or influences whom, which organizations oppose each other, etc.

Something that let me keep track of how they feel about the party, or single Char.

Like a faction number perhaps, or a straight Beloved, Respected, Liked, Neutral, Dislike, Despise, Kill on Sight type of thing.

I like the faction points, as I use them now, but something to track the relationships.

ATM I have Faction increase slowly as Quests and Respect is shown, from 1d6 for a minor quest, up to 5d6 for a major one.
    Building good working relationships with leaders gives 1d4 to 4d4 and so on.

So being able to track that in FG would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Larac View Post
    Something that let me keep track of how they feel about the party, or single Char.

Like a faction number perhaps, or a straight Beloved, Respected, Liked, Neutral, Dislike, Despise, Kill on Sight type of thing.

I like the faction points, as I use them now, but something to track the relationships.

ATM I have Faction increase slowly as Quests and Respect is shown, from 1d6 for a minor quest, up to 5d6 for a major one.
    Building good working relationships with leaders gives 1d4 to 4d4 and so on.

So being able to track that in FG would be cool.

I would like to see something like this two! Most of the suggestions here are very valid. But I would add that Alignment for an organization is far less important then the alignment of its members for me. And I think if you did in fact add Factions I would be more inclined to make use of that for alignment making the four points each a separate faction. Just a step further having a tab for each player that shows their own faction standing would be nice.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Thread Information