STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 22 First ... 2345614 ... Last

After using Windows Defender, Mcafee , AVG, Spybot, and Malewarebytes.

Ran a root scan , and disk cleanup and defragmenter / optimize.

And ran chkdsk..

Nothing turned up , but chkdsk tooooook forever to get past 10 percent, i dunno what it found , as it finally sometime during the night finished itself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Draca View Post
    After using Windows Defender, Mcafee , AVG, Spybot, and Malewarebytes.

Ran a root scan , and disk cleanup and defragmenter / optimize.

And ran chkdsk..

Nothing turned up , but chkdsk tooooook forever to get past 10 percent, i dunno what it found , as it finally sometime during the night finished itself up.
    Probably a bad (or going bad) sector - I'd keep an eye on it, you may need to replace it before too long

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Probably a bad (or going bad) sector - I'd keep an eye on it, you may need to replace it before too long
    If it's a reasonably modern drive (made in the last decade or so) it should automatically remap bad sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    If it's a reasonably modern drive (made in the last decade or so) it should automatically remap bad sectors.
    Yeah, but I've still seen too much data loss and corruption to want to rely on "automagic" solutions.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Dood! So cool! Can't wait to try this one.

It has just been brought to my attention that my Alignemnt Graph and Campaign Style Graph Extensions may cause this Extension to not work properly.

I apologise for this, and will have the issue resolved ASAP in the new version of the Weather Extension.

In the meantime, all I can suggest is to (at the moment) not use these two Extensions with the Weather Extension.

Sorry
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

It has just been brought to my attention that my Alignemnt Graph and Campaign Style Graph Extensions may cause this Extension to not work properly.

I apologise for this, and will have the issue resolved ASAP in the new version of the Weather Extension.

In the meantime, all I can suggest is to (at the moment) not use these two Extensions with the Weather Extension.

Sorry
    Is this why I get ridiculous temperatures?
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    Is this why I get ridiculous temperatures?
    Only if you are running the Extension with one of the new ones at the same time.

If you'd care to elaborate on what is happening (eg, Celsius or Farenhight, and what are the actual Temperatures, and what are the 6 Die Roll Values and other conditions) I'd appreciate it as I'm testing the new version now and that type of feedback is "a good thing" - thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Only if you are running the Extension with one of the new ones at the same time.

If you'd care to elaborate on what is happening (eg, Celsius or Farenhight, and what are the actual Temperatures, and what are the 6 Die Roll Values and other conditions) I'd appreciate it as I'm testing the new version now and that type of feedback is "a good thing" - thanks
    By "running the Extension with one of the new ones at the same time" do you mean two weather extensions at the same time? If so, that is not the case.

In the attachment, you can see the problem I stand against. Summer solistice is set properly, as is approximate latitude of Kingdom of Nyrond. I can't set tilt to 30 degree which is Oerik's tilt as far as I remember, but that's not important. I get temperatures over 40 Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) during Fireseek, which is sth like February. The temperatures are between 35-45 all the time. In fact, the month is irrelevant. The temperatures in Nyrond are always over 30 degree Celsius.

As you can notice, I even changed overall planetary temperature to "Freezing", thinking how maybe it will correct something, but this setting does not seem to have any influence at all. I wonder what I did wrong?

Example of dice values: 5, 4, 1, 5, 4 (d8), 1, 5; but no matter what te values are, temp is to high.

Attachment 11077
    Last edited by kane280484; September 21st, 2015 at 11:34.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Thread Information