FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 158 First ... 345671555105 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe484 View Post
    I'm curious. When this eventually happens, will those of us with the ultimate license have to pay a small fee to transfer our licenses, or will the entire platform just switch to this new system? I'm not exactly clear on what the plan is. I'm sorry if these question have been addressed elsewhere.
    Yes - there will likely be *some charge* to upgrade.
    Search for ddavison + kickstarter + unity and you should find some more info but no specifics have been announced.

Has there been any word on if the Unity and non-Unity versions will be able to connect to each other?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Has there been any word on if the Unity and non-Unity versions will be able to connect to each other?
    It is very unlikely that they will talk to each other. They will have completely different networking engines (among many other things).
    The final 3.x version will continue to work with all players and GMs on the same version but development will likely stop completely.
    The NextVersion will likely work on a similar model with incremental updates/upgrades on an ongoing basis and all players and GMs on the same version.

I'm curious if the non-unity version will remain available as a download.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I'm curious if the non-unity version will remain available as a download.
    Im guessing that it will pretty much have to...

Any more updates as to when unity will be available?

Blog Entries
    No news on an ETA yet. Once we feel pretty confident about the ETA, we plan to launch a KS. That will probably be once we get to be around a 4 month mark to a release. I don't really want to do a KS with a long time for delivery. So... for that reason, it looks like we are probably talking 2017 at this point at the earliest for a release.

I don't expect the current version of FG and the FGU (Fantasy Grounds Unity) to be compatible, other than FGU being able to read in content from FG and convert it over. This will be a one-way conversion.

We also expect that the current FG version will remain available for some indeterminate amount of time after the release of FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post

I don't expect the current version of FG and the FGU (Fantasy Grounds Unity) to be compatible, other than FGU being able to read in content from FG and convert it over. This will be a one-way conversion.

So for those of us writing rulesets this will be a one-way trip to full-rewrite-and-relearn land?

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Our goal is to provide as seamless a migration as possible while paving the path for new capabilities. Also, we want to provide fallback behavior for deprecated capabilities.

So, our expectation is that no or minimal rewrite will be required, though some of the behaviors may be different and some features may not be available without modifying.

At this point, there are no changes other than category controls going away, with a fallback behavior. We're more focused on the core engine capability and performance at this time.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Our goal is to provide as seamless a migration as possible while paving the path for new capabilities. Also, we want to provide fallback behavior for deprecated capabilities.

So, our expectation is that no or minimal rewrite will be required, though some of the behaviors may be different and some features may not be available without modifying.

At this point, there are no changes other than category controls going away, with a fallback behavior. We're more focused on the core engine capability and performance at this time.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for clarifying. For a few moments there I rather envisioned my fourth full rewrite. (One at start, one at 2.0 and now recently one to bring it to work under CoreRPG instead of the old D20 ruleset as a base. )

It will be fascinating to see what comes next.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information