5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 158 First ... 311121314152363113 ... Last
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested some where else so sorry for double post.
    I was wondering if there was a way to change the mask color from white to black for better contrast on light colors? It's hard to see where you have uncovered if the colors are the same.
    Another problem that I found is that tokens don't seem to have any properties to have things attached to them and I hope this is a new Unity design.The problem is a character token has a torch with light and if you make a radius to show the lighted area,the lighted area doesn't move with the token and it would be nice to attach the light property or radius to a token.

Blog Entries
    You cannot change the mask on a case by case basis. There is a Black Mask extension (check CoreRPG extension thread) which may suit but its a one or the other thing...

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Interesting... I think this would lose the flexibility of a separate (smaller) GM map used just for the GM to have a quick look at "secret" things they should know about. Or, do you want it as an addition?

How would you see this additional "GM info" layer working? The GM can already put pushpins and invisible tokens on the map to remind them of things and link to them.
    I imagined this to be just one map, with the secret gm info only visible to the GM. I dont have a lot of screen real estate, so i cant afford to have two maps up at one time.

ATM, i bought the CoS hardcopy so i dont miss those secret doors. I just keep it on my lap for reference. On FG theyre not marked on the normal map with a pin, so theyre easy to miss. But even if they were, just being able to see a visual map element would be a huge plus. The sea of red pins is sometimes overwhelming.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofFire View Post
    But even if they were, just being able to see a visual map element would be a huge plus. The sea of red pins is sometimes overwhelming.
    Two related ideas that would help;
    - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81597
    - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=95803

But I do like the idea of being able to have elements/objects added to a map that might have unique visibility controls. Maybe you can flesh out and add the idea on the wishlist?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

so.. any word on that kickstarter?

Nope
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

One thing comes after another. Let them release 3.2 first

Hi. I'll keep it short.

I usually write about how I like FG and the good work the Devs have been doing, and just to be clear, I still think that way, but I want to mention 1 thing I really really really don't like:

1.- I have since 2015 hearing about this new version of FG coming up. I've read posts were the first release was supposed to be a year ago, and each time the deadline comes, the deadline itself is moved forward 3-4 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine with you guys wanting to make a really good release and the "waiting" is not a big deal for me. My real problem here is that I made a plan to pay a monthly subscription instead of buying full license because the "release date" was just a few months away. Now there's been more than a year of that I think, and I just happen to read that its going to be 2017 now? Not cool guys. I love the commitment all the Dev team has to create an excellent version of FG, but I really hate the lack of "sticking to the plan" thing. If you guys want to make your own internal plans and then not sticking to them at all thats ok with me, but when communicating your "supposed deadline" to the public and failing to accomplish your goals.... I don't know, just saying.

Note 1: Not asking for refund or any kind of stuff related to that, I really just meant to say what's exactly written up here. I'm completely aware that paying the monthly subscription was my decision and sometimes there are this "risks" that come along with it.

Note 2: I'm not angry or anything, because I understand the context surrounding this release, it's just a little disappointing to realize it's been moved to 2017.

Cheers everyone!

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

I understand your frustration, as we would really like the Unity version to be further along as well. However, this is one of the reasons why I personally don't like to talk about things that are happening behind the scenes, especially in terms of timelines. I prefer to wait until something is almost done, and avoid showing prototypes. However, the rest of the team is excited as we make progress, so bits and pieces get shown and talked about.

One of the reasons for the Unity delay is due to the success of getting more content for the FG platform. Between the 5E license and the continuing expansion of the content catalog, it has heavily delayed work on the Unity version. Also, I've been pulled off almost exclusively to deal with ongoing maintenance and helping with feature and content releases for the current version (always with an eye to make sure it works in future versions too). That is the reason that we brought both Carl and James on board to help us, and it does show in the progress of the internal builds.

However, as we already knew and how development is ending up, Fantasy Grounds is a very complex piece of software with literally hundreds of DLC that need to be maintained for backward compatibility. While there has been slow but steady progress on the internal builds, we want to make sure that the experience of moving to a new platform is a good one and that you are able to use all the content you already purchased.

So, as I always tell people when they ask me about the schedule for the Unity version. Buy the software because you like it today, not for some unscheduled future version. (Good advice for any product purchase.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; October 20th, 2016 at 00:42.

Blog Entries
    I would like to mirror what John has said and to reply with the very cliche response that good software takes time. When I owned a software consulting company for 8 years, I was very good at setting deadlines and meeting those with my team. That sort of thing comes from experience and doing similar jobs to things you have done many, many times before. When you are in brand new waters, that all goes out the window. When John, Zeph and I first started looking at Unity, Unity was a brand new thing for us. The development environment is different from what we have with the current version of FG and we debated about a few different approaches to tackling the problem of porting everything over but maintaining compatibility with all the existing content. As John said, we then picked up the D&D license and this took over almost completely for the team. Eventually, we brought Carl on board and he has a lot of experience with Unity and his own VTT but had absolutely no experience with Fantasy Grounds. The 3.2 stuff are things that we were going to hold until the Unity launch, but we decided to go ahead and push that out on the current platform. The thinking is that it moves things forward and helps better prepare for how we want things to start running on Unity. Since the Unity port is going to be compatible (via 1-way conversion possibly), then this would not be "wasted effort."

As for deadlines, people always want to know when it will be released. They also want more communication and information about it. Just know that things are moving along in the background and constant, steady work is getting applied to it. We have 1 full-time, high quality dev devoted to nothing but that and he has been working for over a year now on it solidly. Zeph (aka Zeus) is now available more than he has been over the last year as well and John is finally getting freed up again after the major 3.2 stuff is settling down. That said, we won't start taking any money for it or launching a Kickstarter until we know with absolute certainty when we will be able to release. There are still too many unknowns and too many bigger obstacles to solve. We won't start planning a launch date until we have a fully functioning VTT that is a worthy successor and upgrade to the Fantasy Grounds name.

Thread Information