FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
    Im havent purchase FG ultimate yet. ironically, I was going to purchase this morning before perusing this thread. But upon discovering I can wait to purchase for 149 bucks, versus purchasing now and then paying another 60% of the cost ontop of my original purchase, I decided to wait. Bad business for capital investment.... but ok.
    Welcome to the forums.

It all depends on whether everyone you'll be playing with will also have FG Unity. I'll imagine there'll still be quite a few games using FG Classic for a while. And, we still don't know when FG Unity will be fully released. If you have a good use for FG Classic now, it may not be a bad idea to get a subscription to tide you over until FG Unity comes out, and maybe keep playing with FG Classic for a few months.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Treat FGU just like a new OS, quite a few people won't transition till the early adopters get the inevitable bugs that slip through the testing ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

It all depends on whether everyone you'll be playing with will also have FG Unity. I'll imagine there'll still be quite a few games using FG Classic for a while. And, we still don't know when FG Unity will be fully released. If you have a good use for FG Classic now, it may not be a bad idea to get a subscription to tide you over until FG Unity comes out, and maybe keep playing with FG Classic for a few months.
    Right now I run a F2F game at my home office, but plan on using FG to enhance the game; no one uses anything other than pen and paper. So we wont make the transition until I purchase an ultimate. However, I would have preferred they had the pricing taken into account that (hypothetically) I JUST purchased an ultimate for the older version, but it doesn't; Ill be charged 60% of the cost I already paid once more, for an upgrade. Thats a bad business decision because you always want capital as soon as you can get it for future/current investments. Upgrades are a great way to get more capital because they get the full purchase price plus the upgrade fee they normally would not get from a new customer (my case); as long as the barrier isnt ridiculous (the current case with a 60% upgrade fee). Im not going to reward bad business, but I will exploit it. Looks like its planned for the next few months, which is doable; but they could have made 130% of the ultimate price had they came up with a more realistic upgrade model.

Getting capital and "more realistic upgrade model" was done during the very successful Kickstarter. I understand what you're saying, but the situation is what it is - it's been communicated and set that way for a while. To change it now would cause angst and issues with people who've already invested or held off based off the already set model.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Not long now. It will be ready before Christmas.

Yeah, but which Christmas? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Not long now. It will be ready before Christmas.
    The War will be over before Christmas...
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Not if I can help it.
    What does a war need help with anyway?
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information