DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Isometric View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Still diamond shaped
    But I've hit it with a hammer at its top, some might say my diamond now lost its value and is not a diamond anymore (at least not a prized one) (yup, a very mighty hammer which can do this with diamonds! )

Interestingly, I primarily design top-down maps, but some of my more recent, i.e. mountains, shifted to an almost side on perspective. I tested these within FG and the standard grid works just fine for calculating distances - oddly enough. One advantage of Isometric is that ANY side on image can then be used as a token.

temp3.jpg
    Last edited by gtw2017; October 25th, 2019 at 20:04.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Just a Unity update - the Line of Sight works nicely with Iso maps. A fun option for exploration!

Is there a workaround in FGC to make it work with isometric maps? (I can't migrate to FGU for a bunch of reasons)
    Using hex grid? other options?

Quote Originally Posted by christophe View Post
    Is there a workaround in FGC to make it work with isometric maps? (I can't migrate to FGU for a bunch of reasons)
    Using hex grid? other options?
    No, there is no way to make Classic work with Isometric (at least not in software, you can make it work if you unlock tokens and tell the players to move only into the isometric grid spaces drawn on a bitmap map).

Thank you for the prompt feedback. (I feared this was the answer to my question)

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Just a Unity update - the Line of Sight works nicely with Iso maps. A fun option for exploration!
    Could you post a screenshot to show us :P!!?

Thread Information