DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps we can collectively come up with some best practices or tips we can include on the detail page for GM's when they create or edit their campaigns. As for the one-offs and ongoing campaigns, I like those suggestions too.

Blacky, I'll take a look at making an option to collapse or expand the descriptions. A default template for the description and an allowance for some basic formatting might be nice. It isn't as easy as the changes I put in today, though, so I'll have to take a look at it and see.

Blog Entries
    Any chance we can have the ability to assign a picture to our campaigns instead of it displaying our forum avatar? Restricted in size/dimensions naturally.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Possibly. At the end of the day, nearly anything is possible with web development these days. It's just a matter of time and effort. I will probably continue to tweak things a bit here and there and then hop back to my other project for a bit before returning back to make more improvements.

Thanks Trenloe,
    That explains it. I guess people put it in the title because it's important and doesn't appear in the list otherwise. Can I suggest we put the (next) Scheduled Play Time instead of the last gm activity?

As for tips for description, I think talking about the GNS theory and triangle would be helpful. It's a good way to meet players that have the same approach to rpg as you.

Maybe also about table rules. Some table are very much beer&bretzels, you show up or don't, you talk about Star Wars VII for half an hour, you afk for two hours in the middle of the game, and so on. And some table are very much not that.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Thanks Trenloe,
    That explains it. I guess people put it in the title because it's important and doesn't appear in the list otherwise. Can I suggest we put the (next) Scheduled Play Time instead of the last gm activity?
    I don't know what last GM activity really is, but if not bogus it's important. A lot of campaigns are abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Free-form for these in the comments, or does it warrant a new field for each? Again, does it need to show on the main page too?
    There really isn't an excessive amount of campaigns listed now, so I'm not sure what makes the most sense to add.
    Probably not, redifining the whole meta-rpg thing to get the right fields would be overkill. If the calendar tool has one day several dozens or hundreds of games some fields about what divide the community (fully roleplay all the time or not, casual or serious, etc.) might be helpful, but right now that would seem like a lot of work maybe better used elsewhere.

An easier way to sort the games by gaming system would be great. I thought it was possible in either my profile or on the main calendar but I can't find it. Something with a drop down menu so you can choose just the rule set you are looking for.
    Cal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Thanks Trenloe,
    Absolutely agree with this. Players also should be able to sort by next scheduled game time. Last GM activity is not useful information in my experience. I really don't think we need it.

Thread Information