FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Voice or Text?

Blog Entries
    Hey Borusa - I think you usually play CoC which definitey lends itself to text too. I would appreciate it though if you would clearly indicate Text for all In Game Actions in your description to help those looking for tetxt and to avoid dissapointment for those who dont like Text only. I think I played a game of Cthulhu a couple of Cons ago with you... a Roman setting?

VenomousFiligree
    Finally posted a game, waiting for approval

This game will use text only for roleplaying, which can lead to a more immersive game. Whilst it is only a short 'dungeon' it is hoped that this demo will give an appreciation of how text games run in Fantasy Grounds. Out of character questions, rules clarifications, etc will be handled by voice.

In the heart of the wastelands, surrounded by steaming pools of foul water and broken mountains that rumble in their sleep, lie the ruins of a dark sepulcher never completed. Dug into the raw stone of a towering cliff, the first chambers were barely hewn when something ancient and evil awoke within the depths. Now the temple stands abandoned while the caverns below writhe with activity. Forsaken servants of the slain cultists await the return of their masters, inhuman creatures have been drawn to the power awakened, and far below the great evil broods within its lair. The Demon Delve Caverns await.

A short dungeon style adventure for level 4 characters using the D&D Basic Rules (5e).

Blog Entries
    Published.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/demon-delve-cavern/

This game will use text only for roleplaying, which can lead to a more immersive game. Whilst it is only a short 'dungeon' it is hoped that this demo will give an appreciation of how text games run in Fantasy Grounds. Out of character questions, rules clarifications, etc will be handled by voice.

In the heart of the wastelands, surrounded by steaming pools of foul water and broken mountains that rumble in their sleep, lie the ruins of a dark sepulcher never completed. Dug into the raw stone of a towering cliff, the first chambers were barely hewn when something ancient and evil awoke within the depths. Now the temple stands abandoned while the caverns below writhe with activity. Forsaken servants of the slain cultists await the return of their masters, inhuman creatures have been drawn to the power awakened, and far below the great evil broods within its lair. The Demon Delve Caverns await.

A short dungeon style adventure for level 4 characters using the D&D Basic Rules (5e).

VenomousFiligree
    Thanks

Happy to see at least one game being offered that is primarily text based. I haven't actually played in FG yet, but I much prefer text based games in Roll20.

I still need to look into scheduling to see if I can actually attend this year (signed up for an event last year and things fell apart on my end...and I'm not going to let that happen this year), but if possible I'll be signing up for this just to show support for text only games.

How familiar would one need to be with D&D 5th ed to play this game?

Blog Entries
    Here are three other primarily text game sessions:

https://www.fg-con.com/events/yggdra...-great-winter/
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-on...he-marsh-bell/
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/cairn-longstar-farm/

Text game Sessions on all three days

Yggdrasill: Offerings to the Great Winter
    Date: Saturday, October 18 2014
    Time: 05:00 - 08:00 (UTC +10)
    Ruleset: CoreRPG
    Games Master: Valarian

One-shot session game for Yggdrasill. Use of the Teamspeak server for gathering, connecting, introductions and in-game questions or explanations. Everything else will be in the text chat within Fantasy Grounds.

Scenario: The runes have spoken, and through them, the gods. But their words remain obscure. The characters are dispatched to find answers, to the western coasts of Norway to consult a powerful sorceress. The way is dangerous, a gauntlet they must run to reach their goal.

Pre-generated Characters. Text Chat.
    6 player slots available.
    1) Sigurd Ivarsson – Hirdman (warrior)
    2) Hild Thorbjornsdottir – Volva (seer of the Gods)
    3) Thorgrim Olavsson – Beserker (warrior of Odin)
    4) Klemet Gandalvsson – Thulr (nature seer)
    5) Yngwe Gilsursson – Skald (bard)
    6) Jorun Hrolfsdottir – Noble

Alias: infirm ogre cold bard

International Time Check: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...20&p1=297&ah=3

The One Ring: The Marsh Bell
    Date: Sunday, October 19 2014
    Ruleset: The One Ring

One-shot session game for The One Ring. Use of the Teamspeak server for gathering, connecting, introductions and in-game questions or explanations. Everything else will be in the text chat within Fantasy Grounds.

Scenario: Two Dwarves have gone missing on the Old Forest Road. The company have been asked to investigate their disappearance and to bring them back to the lake town of Esgaroth if still alive.

1) Beli – a Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain
    2) Beran – a Beorning of the Misty Mountains
    3) Lifstan – a Man of Dale
    4) The Bride – a woman of the Woodmen of Wilderland
    5) Caranthir – a Woodelf of Mirkwood
    6) Trotter – a Hobbit of The Shire

Cairn: Longstar Farm
    Date: Monday, October 20 2014
    Ruleset: CoreRPG

One-shot session game for Cairn. Use of the Teamspeak server for gathering, connecting, introductions and in-game questions or explanations. Everything else will be in the text chat within Fantasy Grounds.

Scenario: No one has seen Farmer Longstar in days, and Eliza Grayhair would like the Heroes to go to his farm to check on him. What could have happened to keep old Longstar from market?

1) Morris Mellowstar – Hedgehog Scholar/Warrior
    2) Albar Quicktail – Mouse Swashbuckler/Acrobat
    3) Caramon Nightleaf – Opossum Marksman/Rogue
    4) Tallin Riverborn – Otter Scrapper/Warrior
    5) Deran Stormwatch – Groundhog Paladin/Priest
    6) Flora Quicktail – Mouse Healer/Scout

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustTheSnowman View Post
    Happy to see at least one game being offered that is primarily text based. I haven't actually played in FG yet, but I much prefer text based games in Roll20.

I still need to look into scheduling to see if I can actually attend this year (signed up for an event last year and things fell apart on my end...and I'm not going to let that happen this year), but if possible I'll be signing up for this just to show support for text only games.

How familiar would one need to be with D&D 5th ed to play this game?
    It's open to all, so not a problem!

Slightly derailing here... where is it okay to advertise our games/ sessions for the con? I've put up two so far, but I feel like no one's going to notice them on the huge list unless I shout about them! (Also one of them, Dawn of the Scarlet Sun, is primarily text based too, so less of a derail...).

In the FGCon forum here, on social media, any other roleplaying site where you can or is relevant.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    levinth - please promote shamelessly anywhere that you think it might find an audience.
    i am making at least 6 posts a day on various sites but it needs more people talking about it in more places.
    if you see someone else posting - reply and add something extra to it - keep the ball rolling
    way too early to worry if you dont have enough bookings at this stage.
    about 1/4 of games fill up real quick, another 1/4 fill up by about 3weeks out, 1/4 fill up pretty close to the event and about 10% of games do get cancelled for lack of players

i think your sessions were only posted this week. i wont have pimped those myself just yet but I also tend to try and look after the non pathfinder ones first because they traditionally need more help.
    please share them and some other stats on your favorite sites - particularly Pathfinder related ones.
    i will do a few bumps of your sessions over the weekend.

one place im not at all active is Facebook - i know the SXG guys are - but there is a big opportunity to share out there too.

quick stats:

68hours of nearly non stop, round the clock gaming!
    5 intro sessions
    20+ pathfinder sessions
    15+ savage worlds sessions
    20 sessions of other RPG rulesets
    3 non english sessions
    at least 5 text only sessions
    totally free to play, no license required
    https://www.fg-con.com/events
    Over 150 player slots booked already

Thread Information