DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom skill not matching in effect

Ok, this is a weird one, and easy to workaround so not a huge priority, but I think it should be called out anyway.

I have an Inquisitor who took the Conversion inquisition, which means he uses his WIS for Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate instead of CHA. The easy workaround is to just apply the correct bonus in the MISC column to account for the difference between CHA and WIS bonuses. However, I noticed that the Skills tab of the character sheet allows you to create new items, so I thought I'd be tricky and try to model those three skills in a way that was clearer, so I created inqBluff, inqDiplomacy and inqIntimidate skills, based on WIS and made them class skills, and voila everything seemed to work just fine.

Now, I also have a trait that gives me the ability to add +4 to one Bluff or Diplomacy check once/day, so I thought I would model that as a spell with an effect: Inner Beauty; SKILL: 4 Bluff; SKILL: 4 Diplomacy. This also worked fine with the built in skills. However, after I created the custom skills above, and modified the skill names in the effect to match, it no longer worked. I'm guessing this is because it's only checking for the skill names in skilldata or psskilldata in data_common.lua?

Like I said, extreme edge case with an easy workaround (but does lead to an unclear/confusing set of entries in the skill tab), but might be something to consider for the next rev of the ruleset or FG.
    Last edited by darrenan; August 26th, 2014 at 20:08.

Thread Information