FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help with error 'error reading end tag'

Hello Oh so knowledgeable folk.
    In my latest creature that parsed fine with the PFRPG FG Creature Parser v2. I open the mod in FG and receive this error.
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file KorkaboroIceMephit:db.xml - Error on line 670: Error reading end tag.
    I don’t understand what the error is.

Line 670 is the special abilities entry for this creature. Errors here are usually due to a special ability paragraph/line not ending in a full-stop/period as the parser uses this to work out where a new special abilities section begins, splits the enrties up and highlights the heading in bold.

Summon (Ice Mephit) (Sp) Summon 1 Ice Mephit, 25% (Level 2) doesn't end in a period. Add that and re-parse.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You're a flipping genius as usual. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jgovernale View Post
    You're a flipping genius as usual. Thank you.
    No worries.

I have on my development list better error checking/reporting for the XML parsing. Unfortunately that probably wouldn't have helped in this case, unless I can make some assumptions about how many words would ever be in a special ability title and issue a warning if the parser thinks there might be a too long title. Or, as in this case, raise an error if there isn't a period between 2 special ability types (Su), (Sp) or (Ex), in this instance: Summon (Ice Mephit) (Sp) Summon 1 Ice Mephit, 25% (Level 2) Vulnerability to Fire (Ex) would allow such an error to be tracked. But for special abilities with more than one sentence (and hence a period) this wouldn't raise a potential issue.

I'm also going to look into how feasible it is to do an XML syntax check on the module data - although all this would do is tell you there is an error and where, pretty much what opening the module in FG does. One less step in the whole process is a good thing I suppose...
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 20th, 2014 at 20:46.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information