DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I've been looking through the xml file and it seems straightforward, but I'm having difficulty with one major thing.
    Where are the spell effects? E.g. Color Spray

<colorspray>
    <name type="string">Color Spray</name>
    <school type="string">Illusion (Pattern) [Mind-Affecting]</school>
    <level type="string">Bloodrage 1, magus 1, Sor/Wiz 1</level>
    <components type="string">V, S, M (red, yellow, and blue powder or colored sand)</components>
    <castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
    <range type="string">15 ft.</range>
    <effect type="string">Cone-shaped burst</effect>
    <duration type="string">Instantaneous; see text</duration>
    <save type="string">Will negates</save>
    <sr type="string">Yes</sr>
    <description type="formattedtext"><p>A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious. Each creature within the cone is affected according to its HD.</p><p><i>2 HD or less:</i> The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)</p><p><i>3 or 4 HD:</i> The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.</p><p><i>5 or more HD:</i> The creature is stunned for 1 round.</p><p>Sightless creatures are not affected by <i>color spray</i>.</p></description>
    <shortdescription type="string">Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns weak creatures.</shortdescription>
    </colorspray>

So far so good, but when you add it to a character's spell list, it has a cast with a will save and 3 different effects and I can't find these anywhere in this xml file.
    It's most frustrating. Can someone please help me out?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    So far so good, but when you add it to a character's spell list, it has a cast with a will save and 3 different effects and I can't find these anywhere in this xml file.
    It's most frustrating. Can someone please help me out?
    There are no effects in the base spell modules. FG makes an attempt at parsing out effects when the spell is dragged to the PC/NPC sheet. As 3.5E/Pathfinder doesn't use a repeatable format for the spell descriptions (unlike 4E and 5E) this results in a lot of spells not having complete/fully accurate effects once they've been added to the PC/NPC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmmm, I see, that is problematic.
    Do you think creating an extension would work?
    Or setting up a character that has all the spells with the correct effects and dragging from them?

I'm only asking because there are now lots of spells missing and correcting spells after dragging from the spellbook is somewhat tedious.
    OTOH, I'm learning my way round xml and how FG works. There's always a bright side. :-)
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Hi all,

Fairly new to Fantasy Grounds. I have tried my best to follow the instructions listed on the first page of this thread but I keep coming up with an end tag error, any suggestions on why this may be and what I should do to correct it?

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Hi all,

Fairly new to Fantasy Grounds. I have tried my best to follow the instructions listed on the first page of this thread but I keep coming up with an end tag error, any suggestions on why this may be and what I should do to correct it?
    What editor are you using to do the work? There are several free editors that should give you assistance with troubleshooting end tag errors.

Could you cut-and-paste the error and the relevant section of the file into a post here?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    What editor are you using to do the work? There are several free editors that should give you assistance with troubleshooting end tag errors.

Could you cut-and-paste the error and the relevant section of the file into a post here?
    I am using Notepad++. I have figured out the error, I simply overlooked </i>, it is working now. Thanks for your reply though

Callum or anyone that can answer it, I use this allot now so first thanks for putting it up, helped out allot.
    But what I want to know.
    This mod now depends on the base spell mod being loaded also (which makes sense) but is there a way to force include the base mod when you load the my spells
    I know its not that hard to do in the game but Im working on some stuff that is going to include several mods and I want to make sure all the mods are open when I open mine.
    Thanks

I almost wish you could just right click the library space and "Create new" just like everything else. I suppose that'd be too easy for us non-programming users though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xtheth View Post
    I almost wish you could just right click the library space and "Create new" just like everything else. I suppose that'd be too easy for us non-programming users though.
    I’m not sure what you’re asking for here. You can export to a module, select "read only" and the library entry lists for whichever data type you select during export will be created.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I’m not sure what you’re asking for here. You can export to a module, select "read only" and the library entry lists for whichever data type you select during export will be created.
    I mean creating a whole new library. Lets say I want to put "Focus" "Type" and "powers" libraries in Numenera. I'm very surpised that you can't just right click the library space, create a new library, get prompts for the fields you need, and just set one up that way. XML makes my brain want to crawl out my ear lol.

Thread Information