STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xtheth View Post
    I mean creating a whole new library. Lets say I want to put "Focus" "Type" and "powers" libraries in Numenera. I'm very surpised that you can't just right click the library space, create a new library, get prompts for the fields you need, and just set one up that way. XML makes my brain want to crawl out my ear lol.
    MW answered most of this in your other post.

Basically, this is something that would have to be done outside of the main Fantasy Grounds interface - as it is not just a case of an simple right-click to add a new record set to the underlying ruleset database structure. It needs to be embedded in the base ruleset itself - which you can't change through the FG interface. You'd need to imprison your brain in your skull and learn some XML!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just out of curiosity is it possible to extend the DD PHB Deluxe for 5E in a similar way or can you point me in the direction of such instructions?

I want to be able to override the descriptions for a couple of spells as they are slightly different in my custom world.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    Just out of curiosity is it possible to extend the DD PHB Deluxe for 5E in a similar way or can you point me in the direction of such instructions?

I want to be able to override the descriptions for a couple of spells as they are slightly different in my custom world.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    The 5E PHB is encrypted and can not be modified directly. You can though use it as a basis for creating your own PHB, but you will have a lot of work. I can think of 2 ways;
    1) Create a development campaign, in that load the PHB, copy the entries you want, modify them. Export to module. Whenever you want you then will have to load both modules in your play campaign and know to use the modified entries since the originals will still be there.
    2) load the PHB in your play campaign, unlock and edit the desired entries. This method will not allow you to transfer (easily) these changes to other campaigns.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The 5E PHB is encrypted and can not be modified directly. You can though use it as a basis for creating your own PHB, but you will have a lot of work. I can think of 2 ways;
    1) Create a development campaign, in that load the PHB, copy the entries you want, modify them. Export to module. Whenever you want you then will have to load both modules in your play campaign and know to use the modified entries since the originals will still be there.
    2) load the PHB in your play campaign, unlock and edit the desired entries. This method will not allow you to transfer (easily) these changes to other campaigns.
    Thanks for the reply.

I realized they were encrypted so I was trying to do overrides of the varying elements in the XML if that is possible. Obviously, they do that for their Windows classes when creating an extension. I thought that maybe the node for merging would be included inside those interactions as well.

The idea is something akin to the old way that they did dynamic webpages by replacing bits of the HTML with XML for display only.

I take it that Extension functions and files only affect .pak and the UI files?

Blog Entries
    I'm missing something here...

Extensions (.ext) modify ruleset (.pak) code. The PHB etc are stored in module files (.mod & .dat). Modules get loaded after rulesets and extensions get loaded. Therefore you can't use a .ext or .pak file to modify a module file.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That was what I thought but I had not come across a confirmation on that. That build order makes sense but makes me sad that I cannot do what I want in the game. I have a work around but it removes the possibility of .mod file being updated if that ever happens.

I may just have to throw together an application that will do some of that for me after I create the base .mod file for my house rules then.

It is just so annoying that there are so many duplications within this system. Especially true in Savage Worlds although one of the extensions I found helps that ruleset it is still a bit of a bone of contention for me in 5E.

Thread Information