FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creation of PC weapons

Hello.
    I'm having issues with weapon creation. Most of my players are 15th level or better that is reflected in the weapons they use as well.
    One character has a +3 shocking burst, bastard sword. He also has weapon focus, greater weapon focus, weapon specialization, and greater weapon specialization. So that is +3 (attack weapon), +2 (attack feats), +3 (damage weapon), +4 (damage feats). Add in weapons training as a fighter of his level +3 to attack and damage. So if my math is correct:
    Att = Base +15 + str+ 8
    Dam = 1d10 + str + (1.5 str because he uses 2 hands) + 7 +1d6 electricity

He also has a +4 to confirm crits due to feats and when he crits with this weapon add +2d6 bleed damage and 1d10 as well as the original 1d6 electricity.

He usually uses power attack because he can hit most things often enough so; -4 attack, +14 damage.

How do I build these weapons so they work correctly in FG?

I have some other ones but if I can figure this one out I hopefully can do the other PCs. One guy uses a vampiric weapon as one of his dual weapons. So maybe I’ll as that one soon…..

Thank you for your assistance.

Do your players use Herolab for charactes? If so have them do a "Custom Export" for Fantasy Grounds. It will be a .hlfg file. You can then convert that into an XML using the converted program you get with FG.

This will cover 90%ish of the issues you are having. Nearly everything else can be covered by using effects. I.E. The critical focus (+4 to confirm crits) can be written as Crit Focus; CC:4. Just have the player put the effect on himself with no duration and when he rolls to confirm a crit the program will add 4 to the roll. Same for Power Attack..Power Attack; ATK:-4 melee; DMG:14. Just have him add it when he uses power attack and take it off if he decides to attack with out it. Crit that causes bleed is Bleed; DMGO:2d6 with no duration ( you can manually remove if it stops somehow).
    Check this out for more info https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

Weapons have a property entry which will handle things like flaming, etc. I am not finding a list of them quickly but they match up with what they are in Pathfinder. Just enter the property on the line and the program should handle any extra dice needed and label them as fire/electric/etc in case there is DR on the creature.

The weapon focus and specializations can be added manually if they don't use Herolab as those always apply. Then just use the effects as outlined above for things that happen more infrequently.

I am sure the more learned will chime in with more/better ideas but that should at least point you in the right direction.

I'll give this a shot after work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jgovernale View Post
    Hello.
    I'm having issues with weapon creation. Most of my players are 15th level or better that is reflected in the weapons they use as well.
    One character has a +3 shocking burst, bastard sword. He also has weapon focus, greater weapon focus, weapon specialization, and greater weapon specialization. So that is +3 (attack weapon), +2 (attack feats), +3 (damage weapon), +4 (damage feats). Add in weapons training as a fighter of his level +3 to attack and damage. So if my math is correct:
    Att = Base +15 + str+ 8
    Dam = 1d10 + str + (1.5 str because he uses 2 hands) + 7 +1d6 electricity
    You can pretty much put this together directly as a single weapon entry. Press the Magnifying Glass icon to the right of the weapon entry to bring up the detailed settings window.

You might want to add on cold iron and silver damage types to the base weapon (a +3 weapon ignores DR of this type).

Which will give in the actions tab:

He also has a +4 to confirm crits due to feats and when he crits with this weapon add +2d6 bleed damage and 1d10 ...
    Do these as effects - have them separate so you can apply the extra 1d10 damage when you crit:
    • +4 Crit confirm rolls: CC:4 Keep this effect on the PC permanently so it will automatically apply when FG rolls for crit confirmation.
    • There is no effect that works out bleed dice (e.g. 2d6 bleed) and then applies it for ongoing damage. You'll need to roll the 2d6 for bleed damage and apply as ongoing damage manually: DMGO: XX (where XX is the bleed damage rolled).
    • Have the 1d10 damage set as an effect you can add before rolling crit damage: DMG:1d10

More details on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

He usually uses power attack because he can hit most things often enough so; -4 attack, +14 damage.
    Do this as an effect (so it can be removed if the fighter doesn't want to use it: ATK:-4; DMG:14

Some effect examples can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay that is how I already had the weapon set up. I thought I was doing it wrong. I'll work with the effects too. Seems better than building a 'weapon' to use as the damage. Thank you.

Works well. Thank you.

If you're starting to use effects for damage etc. you might find this little extension of use: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension Allows the players to remove effects as well - very handy when adding one time effects, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello Trenloe,

I was looking at your post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180570
    How did you create these 'effects' as a class?

Its still a class, He just called it effects.He could of called it cucumber
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I was looking at your post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180570
    How did you create these 'effects' as a class?
    Right-click in the actions tab, select "Add Spell Class" then follow the instructions in post #4 of the extension thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180383

Thread Information