DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Responding to NotRussellCrowe at The One Ring/AiMW RPG Discord:

Thanks for the help; I'm using Classic (the Desktop icon is Fantasy Grounds II and the exe is 'Fantasy Grounds.exe').

When I right click on the Character window I do get the option to 'Create Item', and when I click that a new Character is added to the list (unnamed, no stats, not owned by any player).

Here is a pic of the chat windwo when I first load in, to help determine if I'm using an older version.

TOR_FG_ChatWindow_FGversion.png

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums SOS John.

To add characters you have to directly edit the db.xml file. Create a character first with a name you can find, then search for it once you have the db file open so you know which section it belongs to. Copy/paste exactly from old to new.

OR use the updated version of this ruleset.

Yes, you're using the older version of the ruleset. My recommendation would be download and use the newer version based on CoreRPG. You can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t=the+one+ring

It's by Valarian so you know it's good!

And this is solved...I'm sure I'll kock into other issues, but very glad for the help on this one NotRussellCrowe

Edit: Thanks for the warm welcome, and the quick responses gents/gals; I hope I can return the favour sometime.
    Last edited by Ithildin of the West; March 31st, 2020 at 02:31.

Happy to help out.

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by SOS John View Post
    Hi all, and a big thanks to Valarian for the work on this!

I'm new to FG, but having searched FAQs and threads here am not seeing how to get a Character from the Character Manager into my (test) TOR Campaign.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Fantasy Grounds II (updated) and using Valarian's latest (fcore-TOR.pak)

I can manually create a Character:

Attachment 32822

When I load my TOR campaign I dont see an option to import Character:

Attachment 32823

Thanks for any help, I'm really looking forward to using this!
    The Foundation Core base doesn't have this option. There's an updated version of the ruleset using the CoreRPG base.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Conversion

Joining the campaign as a player, on a localhost connection, you should see a "local" version of the character. Selecting that would bring the character into the campaign as a "server" character. You can then clear the owner for it to be selected by another player.
    Last edited by Valarian; March 31st, 2020 at 05:27.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Hi again, hoping this is an appropriate place to post a general FG:TOR question.

Now that I'm up and running with Valarian's ruleset for TOR I'd like to add Enemies and Characters (NPC and PC) to my campaign. I can now manually add a PC pr NPC but I wonder if theres an XML exporter or (in an ideal world) files that already exist for Enemies?

Even a link to point me at the tool you use would be fantastic. Thanks again!

SOS John, you should really use the other ruleset on this thread and post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Conversion

Why? Because the types of functionality you're looking for are far more likely to be supported in the CoreRPG version on that thread.

That said, I don't think there's an import function. The Savage Worlds ruleset has such a tool, and I'll bet someone some take-out lunch that the same has been created for D&D, but each import tool will be a custom job that maps blocks of text to the relevant fields.

For TOR there's the additional challenge of copyright problems: it's not officially supported and even the publishers may not own rights to share their IP in electronic form.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thanks Hector, I'll ask the question there, following from your answer (thanks!).

Thread Information