STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Does CoreRPG have any automation?

So does CoreRPG have the capability to add automation so that players can just drag and drop from their character sheet, or is the sheet just there to list things for players to remember and they just use the base dice?

As an example, I'm looking at using CoreRPG for running a rare RPG. In the RPG, the players will use either a Xd6, Xd8, or Xd10 for all their rolls, with the ability to bump the die up by one step (d8, d10, and d12), always against a target number of 5. Can this be put into the sheet so that it can drag and drop like you can do with a 5th ed character sheet?

Blog Entries
    Look at MoreCore

Suggest trying something like

enable parameters, hide p2, p3
    /rollover 1d(p1)x5

In the p1 box on the charsheet they enter their dice value 6/8/10 and when they get to bump they overwrite that value to 8/10/12 and then after the roll revert it back

this is off the top of my head so give it a try and let me know

I haven't even tried Morecore yet. Is it easy to install?

Blog Entries
    Its in my signature. You need to download the MoreCore.pak file and place it in the /rulesets folder in the Fantasy Grounds data directory.
    It does not get updated by the updater - you need to manually update it when new versions come out.

Blog Entries
    Out of curiosity, what system are you playing?

I was loath to mention its name because when you tell it, people look at you funny (It's called "Panty Explosion").

Blog Entries
    *looks at Jesternario*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I guess that's understandable. I asked because Cthulhu Hack uses a similar-ish system.

nope. It's a game called Panty Explosion, which is just the worst attempt and "bad Engrish" I've ever heard. All the players are japanese school girls, at least one of which, but not all, has to be psychic, which gives them horrible powers they can't fully control. They face monsters from Japanese mythology and more mundane things such as potentially letting their parents down, dealing with boys they like, and the occasional psychic school girl that may get jealous and blow up their head.

The game as a standard uses d8s for everything, but before the game begins, players vote on who is most popular. The popular school girl uses d10s, and the least popular uses d6s. All rolls are versus a difficulty 5, and psychic schoolgirls can never be the popular girl. During game, they can use aspects they have to increase their rolls by one step (d6 -> d8 -> d10 -> d12) for a single roll, after which that aspect is used up until the next game session.

The most interesting part of it, and why I want to run it, is how task resolution is dealt with. Every character chooses one player to be their "best friend" and one player to be their "rival." You can be someone's rival and have them be your best friend, but you can't be both for the same person. If your roll succeeds, the best friend describes how the action you were trying to do succeeds. The Rival describes your failures, doing so with an eye towards making the game more complicated for you. Both best friend and rival have carte blanche to describe what happens in any way they wish. The GM merely guides the game as it unfolds, allowing the best friend and rival system to determine the outcomes of actions taken.
    Last edited by Jesternario; April 1st, 2020 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    *looks at Jesternario*
    Where's the like button?

Thread Information