STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: BRP Issues List

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I think the main priority on my wish-list would be the auto-rolling tables, is there anybody with knowledge of how this ruleset works who can suggest how that might be added to the current ruleset as an extension, or by adding/changing some code somewhere?
    My (alas limited) experience in tinkering with corerpg-based rulesets suggests me that it would not be impossible to simply take the rollable tables module from corerpg and graft it into BRP.

Blog Entries
    You never know... Sunspoticus and Blackfoot both have the experience I think to create an extension to load CoreRPG tables into an older v2 ruleset... not saying they have the time or the desire to or anything... just they are active in this thread and well you never know your luck in a friendly forum... Its quite possible some of the others in this thread do too...

Blog Entries
    It's my understanding that Sunspoticus intends to port the ruleset to CoreRPG,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    1. Re-write Ruleset against CoreRPG model. (I have begun this actually).
    if he does, tables will be a 'freebie'. I have them in my Champions ruleset without doing any extra work.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    It's my understanding that Sunspoticus intends to port the ruleset to CoreRPG,

if he does, tables will be a 'freebie'. I have them in my Champions ruleset without doing any extra work.
    Great point Blackfoot.
    Go Sunspoticus!

In the meantime though - if anyone wants to dabble in making the Tables work in BRP...
    The Tables files look fairly portable - but you need to code the additional Icons and Window Launcher for BRP...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    but you need to code the additional Icons and Window Launcher for BRP...
    And the XML templates used...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Didn't the Tables already exist as an extension for another ruleset (before they were added to 3.5/PFRPG)? It seems like tweaking that would be the easiest way to go.

Here we go.. Universal Tables... I believe that did it no? I have no idea where it is relative to the current BRP ruleset... but.. it's a start.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 29th, 2014 at 16:35.

Didn't the Tables already exist as an extension for another ruleset (before they were added to 3.5/PFRPG)? It seems like tweaking that would be the easiest way to go.

Here we go.. Universal Tables... I believe that did it no? I have no idea where it is relative to the current BRP ruleset... but.. it's a start.
    This will be a good example of how to put a table extension together. Although I'd recommend trying to use the CoreRPG code if at all possible - there have been a lot of updates to the table code in CoreRPG since this extension came out (use any number range not just dice rolls, allow drag/drop of links, etc.).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I was thinking this might just 'work' until Sunspoticus was finished implementing CoreRPG in the BRP ruleset.

I was thinking this might just 'work' until Sunspoticus was finished implementing CoreRPG in the BRP ruleset.
    Yeah, it should work as it is non-GUI based - i.e. it is purely command line driven.

Thanks guys, that ext works perfectly It ain't pretty but it gets the job done....that's one wish crossed off my list

Is there any mileage in looking at the CoC ruleset for ideas as to how to do the revamp? I got a copy of this just in case it was a more up-to-date implementation of a d100 system (which it is), but it's too basic and too tailored to CoC to be much use for a flexible d100 fantasy game, but maybe there's a starting point there? I imagine that the main headache with BRP/RQ is handling the hit locations, strike ranks and action points in the combat tracker.

Ideally it would be nice to have the option to use whichever flavour of RQ/BRP rules you prefer (I'm sure a lot of people would like to see RQ6), but perhaps this is more hassle than it's worth, maybe vanilla BRP is the best generic middle-ground. At the end of the day it doesn't matter too much if people are going to customise it to their own setting anyway, so long as there's an underlying system that works.

Thread Information