DICE PACKS BUNDLE

hi im totally new

anyways as i said im totally new and i need some help. ive played d&D 3.5 since highschool and im now getting into playing online using fantasy grounds, but i dont know whats available class wise or race wise, am i restricted to core books only? like if i wanted to play a warlock from complete arcana or from the book tome of secrets. or any other supplement books. can i use those? are there modules for them? does this game use ogl books only?

Blog Entries
    The game includes only Core Rulebooks (OGL) but whether you can play it or not depends on your GM!
    If you play stuff from non core rulebooks you may need to manually enter data in, parse the data in or import a character sheet from one of various tools...

Oh - and a big welcome to you!

so its not illegal or anything to modify and manually input the iformation for certain classes? that complies with ogl?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovannin View Post
    so its not illegal or anything to modify and manually input the iformation for certain classes? that complies with ogl?
    First and foremost, Welcome!

As long as you are not distributing non OGL material you're good.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

like i own the books, i own alot of books. is it ok if my friends use the books too using fantasy grounds? or does that count as distributing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovannin View Post
    like i own the books, i own alot of books. is it ok if my friends use the books too using fantasy grounds? or does that count as distributing?
    I'm not exactly sure on that one, but you can visit https://www.d20srd.org/ or https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35 to see what falls under the 3.5E OGL.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Blog Entries
    if you were all sitting around a table you would all be sharing the books.
    if you are entering data from these books into FG for use in your own games and not to package up and sell then its fine.

To be clear on what is being said above. You can use any material you have within Fantasy Grounds as this is personal use of the material you own. Personal use of any role-playing material usually means using that material just in your game and never distributing that material publicly (even if you do not charge for that material). If use material in Fantasy Grounds that is just for you and your friends gaming then that is classed as personal use. If you packaged up one of your games and posted it on a website (here or otherwise) then that would be distributing the material and you would be limited to distributing only OGL/creative commons material (or material you had the permission of the copyright holder to distribute).

So, within your own personal gaming group go nuts!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information