STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    You can always hold SHIFT while making damage roll to make it a critical. There is also a critical modifier button in modifiers window.

Check out the beta in the Laboratory forum.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...release-v3-0-7

Cheers,
    JPG

Yes, and I need to explain that to my players too, thanks Moon! I've been playing around with it...and posting

Will you guys be providing optional resting options that the 5e DMG will apparently provide? I like 5e, but what I hate are the default resting rules that allow you to recover all your hit points with a single long rest.

Not sure if rules will stop that tactical approach but the suggestions in this might: https://www.roleplayingtips.com/can-sleep-theyre-dead/

I say 'might' because I haven't read through it yet. He tries to deal with just the problem you seem to be describing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Not sure if rules will stop that tactical approach but the suggestions in this might: https://www.roleplayingtips.com/can-sleep-theyre-dead/

I say 'might' because I haven't read through it yet. He tries to deal with just the problem you seem to be describing.

No for me that is not a problem. I really don't care how many times the party rests or for how long. I'm saying that when I plan to run a 5e game I will be using the optional resting rules in the DMG that are more akin to how 2e worked. I don't want the PCs regaining hit points without the aid of divine magic or a very long rest period. This means that when I click on the "long rest" option I don't want all the damage in the party to automatically disappear. I know the community is greatly divided on the issue of healing and resting. I'm just hoping that some of the options in the 5e DMG are built into the ruleset for Fg2

There are no other "resting" rules options that I am aware of in officially released material at this point. (i.e. Basic Rules and Starter Set) I'm specifically focusing only on adding features in the core books for the near term.

If I missed them somehow, please let me know the page number and book.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are no other "resting" rules options that I am aware of in officially released material at this point. (i.e. Basic Rules and Starter Set) I'm specifically focusing only on adding features in the core books for the near term.

If I missed them somehow, please let me know the page number and book.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, you are correct. I was simply asking if you guys will include the alternative resting / healing rules that WotC said they put in the DMG.

Just to be clear I wasn't complaining or anything like that I think the designers have done a fantastic job of the FG2 5e ruleset thus far. I just can't wait to use it!.

Blog Entries
    Once the DMG is released, we'll no doubt review the variant rules and if possible/feasible will look to introduce them as House Rule options (under Campaign Options), this will then allow for a certain level of game customisation and support for variant house rules (from the 3 core rulebooks). If thats not possible, we may be able to implement some of the changes as layered extensions. Either way we won't know until we are a little closer to DMG release date.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

While creating an effect that used DISCHK, I learned that specifying a stat required the stat to be spelled out in full and in all lowercase (just like the wiki says . Just in case anyone else is trying to use Disadvantage and Advantage effects, this may help ease your frustrations. strength, dexterity, etc must be spelled out in full and all lowercase.

Thread Information