DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    What do you think of the concept of putting all these Bestiaries into their own Library Category.. 'PFRPG Bestiaries' or something like that? So that they get grouped together separately from the other PF modules... (all modules created by the parser could go into whatever group if it were named cleverly)
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I can't seem to be able to get these to show up in my 3.5e campaign mod list am I missing something?

I'm guessing that this will only show up in a Pathfinder (PFRPG) campaign. The monster stat blocks between PFRPG and 3.5E are slightly different.

Regards,
    JPG

"Ugh, you're killing me Smalls!"

Yep, this is specifically for a PFRPG campaign as it is the Pathfinder Bestiary 2.

You can manually change the ruleset in the module to 3.5E and open in a 3.5e campaign if you want, but some of the NPC stats won't come through properly in 3.5e.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I saw no indication in the List of Modules thread that anything has been done with this module that addresses FG v3.2 incompatibilities.

I am able to open this module, and browse its contents in a v3.2 PFRPG campaign. However, its contents do not show up in v3.2's new NPCs global view.

Am I missing something here? Should they? Or does the module require modification for v3.2 compatibility?

Note: This is not something that I require to work, I am just trying to understand the compatibility expectations of some of these Community modules.

Thanks.

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I am able to open this module, and browse its contents in a v3.2 PFRPG campaign. However, its contents do not show up in v3.2's new NPCs global view.

Am I missing something here? Should they? Or does the module require modification for v3.2 compatibility?
    This is the way these modules have always worked (and many other FG modules as well) - they have never populated as category tabs in the campaign data lists. This isn't "3.2 compability" as such.

At some point these will be changed to integrate into the categories (groups in FG v3.2 terminology). In the meantime use them as they've always been used - from the library window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    ... In the meantime use them as they've always been used - from the library window.
    Very good. Once you mentioned it, I did remember that they didn't show up in the category tabs.

Thanks for the clarification.

- s.west

some modules not linking to appropriate sub-module windows

where/how can i adjust the code in module so that bestiary-2 appears in "npcs" window instead of accessing from the "library" window? (see attached)

this happens to a few other community modules as well, and i wonder if i could fix those too. thx

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Hmmm... they all show up for me.

What I'm wondering is how you got them to show up in the library pane, instead of a separate NPCs window for the PFRPG Bestiary 2 (apart from them missing from the 'global' NPCs window).

Also, PFRPG Bestiary 2 is the store-bought Bestiary 2, right? (sometimes I lose track)

And, one more thing, my PFRPG Bestiary 2 is under "Core Rules", not "PFRPG Essentials"

Sorry, I know I haven't added anything, but I'm just curious about all this.

- s.west

Thread Information