STAR TREK 2d20

Efecct Damage Reduction

How can i add it to a PJ?

Note: The damage reduction entry on the main page of the PC sheet doesn't do anything - it is just for information. You need to have an effect applied to your PC in the combat tracker.

Info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

If it is a permanent effect, it is best for the GM to add it to your PC in the combat tracker as this is where all effects are applied and managed.

If the DR is an effects that is not permanent you may want to activate it from your PC when it is being used. Some info on adding the effect as a "spell class" on the PC here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180383 Once you have an effect entry in the actions tab of the character sheet you can target a creature on the combat tracker and apply the effect or set the target to "self" and add it to yourself with the click of a button.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Note: The damage reduction entry on the main page of the PC sheet doesn't do anything - it is just for information. You need to have an effect applied to your PC in the combat tracker.

Info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

If it is a permanent effect, it is best for the GM to add it to your PC in the combat tracker as this is where all effects are applied and managed.

If the DR is an effects that is not permanent you may want to activate it from your PC when it is being used. Some info on adding the effect as a "spell class" on the PC here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180383 Once you have an effect entry in the actions tab of the character sheet you can target a creature on the combat tracker and apply the effect or set the target to "self" and add it to yourself with the click of a button.
    Thank you for your comments - just thinking about two things in my current monster creation...
    Is it possible to implement effects like: Damage Reduction electrical 50% ?

Regards Oba

Quote Originally Posted by Obarskyr View Post
    Thank you for your comments - just thinking about two things in my current monster creation...

Regards Oba
    There is no percentage/fractional implementation of damage reduction - it is just a straight value as this is how it is implemented in the actual RPG rules. The same for energy resistance. There is 150% of damage for vulnerability, as per the base rules, but that is the only DR/resistance that I'm aware of that is a percentage of the damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry for beeing a corpse raider, but right now, after realising that the damage reduction on the PC Sheet does nothing,
    i´m trying to create a effect for this.
    Thought it should be simply "DR 3/magic" but this does nothing.
    DR (N) [special], all (T), Damage resistance. Use and/or clause to specify damage types which can overcome DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Morquendel View Post
    Sorry for beeing a corpse raider, but right now, after realising that the damage reduction on the PC Sheet does nothing,
    i´m trying to create a effect for this.
    Thought it should be simply "DR 3/magic" but this does nothing.
    DR (N) [special], all (T), Damage resistance. Use and/or clause to specify damage types which can overcome DR.
    The effect should be: DR: 3 magic So, basically add a colon and put the slash away, FG is reading it with a slash

Answered by someone more knowledgeable before I could. OOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Obarskyr View Post
    Kelrugem has an extension that adds HRESIST as an effect which I think does this.
    Unfortunately it will not be fully compatible with the new update for while.

Thank you
    Works now as intended Yaaaayyy
    Last edited by Morquendel; February 18th, 2021 at 21:02.

Thread Information