FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Basic D&D

For some reason, Silver vulnerability isn't parsing automatically from the creature description. Its listed as a damage type in the wiki.

When I parse this:
    Damage Resistance: The wererat is resistant to nonmagical weapons except those made of silver.

I get this:
    RESIST:nonmagic-silver;RESIST:silver

Except it doesn't work - when a non-magical, non-silver weapon attack is made the damage is still normal.

I don't think compound resistance checks are supported right now (i.e. RESIST unless nonmagic or silver), but resistances will be something we're looking at as we refine 5E with the basic rules changes.

Regards,
    JPG

Love all the work you put into this as usual, and appreciate the fact that you make this all possible (collectively, including many of the good folk here on the forums).

If you don't mind another suggestion or two:
    Please use the right-side tabs for the different character display boxes (IE: In other versions, you might have Main, Skills, Abilities, Inventory, Combat, etc., down the right side, and depending on which you select, that page becomes the forward-active one). I have players who do not have a lot of screen display space, and trying to keep multiple windows available is much for difficult for them than the versions where you simple had one mini-sheet with all the appropriate entries reachable with a single click.

Also... would love to have a "Character Lock" like we see with creatures. Accidentally hitting the proficiency star, the weapon type icon (melee, thrown, ranged), etc., has lead to a few character sheet alterations that were unintended.

Thank you as always!
    SR
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; July 9th, 2014 at 17:22.

+1 for the single, tabbed character sheet. Also a big +1 on the effort that is being put into the ruleset - very much appreciated.

I just added the Tiefling race to my Basic D&D PHB module. Here's a link to both pages from a WotC Teaser of the PHB that has the full racial details: https://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...!#.U8E5MfmIAhU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    I just added the Tiefling race to my Basic D&D PHB module. Here's a link to both pages from a WotC Teaser of the PHB that has the full racial details: https://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...!#.U8E5MfmIAhU
    Nice. I'll go have a look.

I've just finished up the first pass update to PAR5E to support Basic Rules and Starter Set (NPC) content. Phew a lot of changes and if I do say so myself its looking pretty tidy. Just working with JPG to update the 5E ruleset and re-work character sheets and NPCs, the former is looking really really good btw . Hopefully this will work out to be the best featured D&D ruleset yet.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

So far I have to say this is my favorite version of D&D since 2nd Edition (which was my all time favorite). I'm glad I'm coming into it from the start this go around, from the early playtests all the way through to launch.

hey all,

i tweeted Mike Mearls...

Attachment 7062
    Last edited by AKABigBlack; July 21st, 2014 at 22:22.

Hmm, at least it was a no news instead of a no.

Thread Information