FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Basic D&D

I am really looking forward to the release of the 5E parser and ruleset - I get the feeling from the D&D forums and here that 5E will be popular - perhaps bringing D&D back from the brink?

One thing I noticed on the 5E FG character sheet is there is no tracking of death saves (3 successes, 3 failures).

Cheers

It does it automatically at the end of someone's turn in the combat tracker though.

Yes, it does, but it was in the 4E sheet and was very useful for keeping track.

Well, originally, there were only death save failures to track, not successes also. So, when hit points reached zero , I used -1, -2 and -3 to track dear save failures, with death at 3 failures. This is one of the things that will be updated, since the rules changed a fair amount on this item.

Cheers,
    JPG

You guys are awesome to do all this. Please understand how much it is appreciated by [those of] us who don't have the skill/expertise to do this on our own.
    Last edited by chillybilly; July 5th, 2014 at 15:02.

Well said chillybilly and very true.

Ok, looks like there's a monster that is resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non-magical weapons. The resist effects show up, but how do you set it up so that if they are hit by a magical weapon, it ignores the effect? I tried adding the "magic" property to a weapon, but that didn't make any difference.

I added "RESIST: slashing; VULN: magic" and tried to attack with a "slashing, magic" sword and that seemed to take slashing resist, then add magic vulnerability so the damage looked correct. I'm sure we'll need to test more as the monsters are released.

Hmm...that's something worth trying.

Thread Information