DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I'm really happy to contribute something to this. Thanx for reaching out. I'll start with ''E'' and update you see how it goes.

Edit: So from what I can see, all we really need to change after the copy paste is the monster's name and CR, who does not paste correctly ?
    Last edited by Unbutu; June 30th, 2014 at 01:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbutu View Post
    Edit: So from what I can see, all we really need to change after the copy paste is the monster's name and CR, who does not paste correctly ?
    Usually something like that. Also look for spaces added where they aren't - this usually happens in titles, subtitles, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So before doing hours of this i'd like to have a confirmation that it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbutu View Post
    So before doing hours of this i'd like to have a confirmation that it's fine.
    Thanks so much for helping out with these. A few things to keep in mind:

• Don't include the main title before the description, the title of the creature is taken from the line with the CR entry which is after the description.
    • Don't include the background data - stop after Special Abilities.
    • Look for incorrect characters introduced as part of the copy/paste operation - e.g. the Spell Like Abilities section of the "ELOHIM" have some strange formatting and characters.

Are you copying from the Paizo PDF? If so, which reader are you using? I use Adobe Reader and I don't see those strange characters appearing?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah those characters are the last thing I need to arrange before going wild, then.

I use the Paizo pdf in adobe reader, just like you. The characters are correct in the document, but it's like the text recognition mess them when I copy. I wonder what would do that, since the text is already captured in the pdf anyways.

Edit: By opening the same PDF with my internet browser, there is no blur anymore. Onward !
    Last edited by Unbutu; June 30th, 2014 at 05:33.

Doing E-F-G. Will deliver in the following days. Quite the letters !

Nice to see some one else joining in. I haven't had any problems format wise as the core books tend to be better edited than some other pazio books.Unbutu are you running on a Linux box, that could be your issue
    I'll do some more when I get home from work in about 12 hours
    Last edited by hawkwind; June 30th, 2014 at 08:13.

E-g

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Nice to see some one else joining in. I haven't had any problems format wise as the core books tend to be better edited than some other pazio books.Unbutu are you running on a Linux box, that could be your issue
    I'll do some more when I get home from doeskin in about 12 hours
    The computer is a standard Windows computer, nothing special there. The PDF is not bought from Paizo (Should I erase this ? ) I own the hardcover, but had to download a not legit pdf to contribute.

-----
    Suggestions if people have similar issues :

Had to search and replace some patterns. Most common things to look for:

11, 12, 13, 1x become 1 1, 1 2, 1 3

''g'' becomes ''!'' and ''j'' ex. genealogy becomes: jenealo!y

Thx to Audrey the secretary-gf for helping with this

that explains it totally, i thought with your user name you may be a linux user. the Pirate pdf's have had lots of funny things done to them to remove watermarks and as a result they have to be OCR'ed again, badly! The PDF is 10 dollars and it wil save you loads of time. I have the pdf but not the book though having cut and paste a few of monsters I have come to the conclusion that its not a bad collection so I have ordered a copy of amazon

Yeah, was shy to admit it's a torrent pdf... but on the other hand I won't pay twice for the same thing

edit: Well, similar thing on a different support.

Thread Information