5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Dice features

do you know when this will be implemented? as i am trying to use the corerpg to run and l5r game.
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

It's been put on temporary hold to finish up 5E D&D launch in preparation for Gencon. I plan to return to that development branch after the convention.

Regards,
    JPG

Wow, and here I logged in to look for some ideas on how to begin working on my own ideas for a "drop lowest" dice mod. Perhaps I will put this idea on hold for a bit if this is something that is being planned for a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by DMFirmy View Post
    ... if this is something that is being planned for a future update.
    Any idea if this will wind up making it into the next update?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    this wont happen until after the port to Unity is complete - and the port is a massive job...
    Sadness... but thankfully I am a patient man...

I'd like to see an easier way to implement explosions on multiple dice "values." As an example in TORG you explode on a 10 or a 20, on a single d20 roll and disconnect on a roll of 1. (a critical failure) IIRC. And keep rolling until a non 10 or 20 value is kept. Basic Keep and Roll. I'd also like to, see the Shadowrun variant mechanic as Dulux-Oz pointed out. Also in Feng Shui you have a true wild die that is rolled along with the regular die - they're both d6's - and one acts as a positive number and the other die acts as a negative (The two dice are usually different colors). This allows rolls to come up negative (from there the value is added - or subtracted from - your ability you're testing which gives your final score). It's an uncommon example, but dice negating each other tends to crop up a lot in modern indie role playing games. Otherwise I think that you've covered most of the standard mechanics.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I am not sure what the port to Unity means (only that it sounds like a big job). But, my question is does anyone know what is the status of this dice feature? It sounds absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    I am not sure what the port to Unity means (only that it sounds like a big job). But, my question is does anyone know what is the status of this dice feature? It sounds absolutely amazing.
    I think it's "in the works."
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Was a way ever created to reroll 1s on character creation? Maybe a chat command we can drop in a macro?. We do 4d6 reroll 1 pick 3 highest in our campaigns, and this program would be a better sell to friends if we could do that. Having to use Skype or Hero Labs would leave a bad taste in their mouth after buying the program.

I am still learning the program, and once I have played some, dm some, and got a handle on it, I want to convince my group to use this over roll 20 once we start moving in a little bit.

Thread Information