STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Dice features

Right now, this is a feature that will be limited to dice macros via the command line and calls from ruleset code. This is a first step to get these mechanics into the core FG client. Later, we'll look at how to create UI to build and store rolls (i.e. probably need separate dice roller window).

Regards,
    JPG

As long as your messing with dice, there is currently a max of 30 dice. There are times when more then 30 hit dice are needed, I dont have issues rolling the extras that are needed and adding by hand, but currently it does not tell you that it will only roll a max of 30 dice I see that as a bug.
    This space for rent.

Already being looked into. Basically any dice >30 will not be physically rolled using a 3D die, but a random number will be generated internally instead. I may up the limit too, but that requires additional work with die layouts on the cursor.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisop View Post
    As long as your messing with dice, there is currently a max of 30 dice. There are times when more then 30 hit dice are needed, I dont have issues rolling the extras that are needed and adding by hand, but currently it does not tell you that it will only roll a max of 30 dice I see that as a bug.
    HOly! In a real life game do you use a bucket to roll them all at the same time?

Holy Cow! thats some high power level gaming right there.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I havent played a face to face game in over 10 years. But it would be for Epic level NPC's and monsters, The adventure/book expedition to undermountain has a 33HD elder orb.
    This space for rent.

Also, high-powered Champions uses 30-40 d6 powers.

JPG

And you've obviously never played in a Shadowrun3 campaign - I had a Decker once (yes, very high powered) who, with all of the software, deck, abilities, cyberware, bioware (his Essence was 0.02), knowledge skills, active skills, and everything else, was rolling 73d6 (over 5 colours - used to signify different sub-effects) for each Decking roll.

This is one reason Shadowrun got a rep for being a "Bucket O Dice" game.

And yes, I literally used a bucket and a large Die Tray.

Don't you just love Rules Lawyers!

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Already being looked into. Basically any dice >30 will not be physically rolled using a 3D die, but a random number will be generated internally instead. I may up the limit too, but that requires additional work with die layouts on the cursor.
    Seems already quite high. Not sure of the point of mimicking the roll of 40 or 50 dices on screen for potentially each test.

And you've obviously never played in a Shadowrun3 campaign - I had a Decker once (yes, very high powered) who, with all of the software, deck, abilities, cyberware, bioware (his Essence was 0.02), knowledge skills, active skills, and everything else, was rolling 73d6 (over 5 colours - used to signify different sub-effects) for each Decking roll.
    I gotta wonder... was your deckers' handle "Rollin' Thunder"? hehheehhe

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I gotta wonder... was your deckers' handle "Rollin' Thunder"? hehheehhe
    HA, nice one! I might just use that sometime.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information