FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jgovernale View Post
    New issue. FG II sees the mod but will not list it in the library after opening it.
    You'll find the NPC in the Campaign NPC list, not in the library. See page #5 of the document attached in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok. Just so I understand. You can see the module in the "Data Module Activation", but it doesn't show up in the library?

If that is the case, as long as you can open the module in the data module activation (DMA) screen, everything is working as intended.

If the module opens you should see the NPC in the NPC list. It should have the small book next to the name. Don't forget to make a copy of the NPC and then close the module book in the DMA screen.

Sorry. I was not paying attention. This works Great. Thank you very much. My life as a GM is better now!!!! Thanks again.

Glad to be of help. Enjoy torturing your players with totally unexpected monsters.

Hi, seems there is a problem with 3.5E rules. The tool creates the .mod files without problems and it showed up in the module list in FG as well. But the npc isn't listet in npc list after loading.But There is no error feedback in the console.

Maybe this hardcoded link is a problem: "<recordname>..@PFRPG Bestiary</recordname>" but i am aren't deep enough in the npc structure from fg2 to be sure

The section you are referring is commented out, so it shouldn't be the problem. It's an old artifact that I should have got rid of a long time ago. If I ever get back to this project I'll remove it in the next update.

From your post I take it that you are using 3.5E rules. So you should be using the optional command line tag 3.5E It should look something like

DD.exe % C:\Users\Main\AppData\Roaming\Fantas~1\modules\ 3.5E

If you don't tell it to use 3.5E it will assume pathfinder by default. Pathfinder NPCs shouldn't show up in the module list though.

If that isn't it, the I'll need some more information. Posting the mod file you created would help me.

I just made a test 3.5E NPC and it imported fine for me. So it might be something local or a more rare xml tag that my testing just isn't using.

Carth

I've attached my tester file. The forum doesn't allow me to upload .mod files for some reason so you will need to rename this zip file to .mod

Please let me know if this one works.

Carth

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dyAngel View Post
    But the npc isn't listet in npc list after loading.
    Where are you looking for the NPC? It should be in a new tab at the bottom of the NPC list (not in the library, click on the NPCs button on the right of the desktop) - the key thing is to look for a coloured tab (flag) at the bottom of the NPC window, see the little green flags at the bottom of the screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...aign_Data_List
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First, thanks for the fast answers.
    I found the issue. There is a problem if there are allready more tabs in the npc list. After i created a 3rd one, the npc's showed up in this new created tab.

Glad it worked for you.

Carth

Thread Information