FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

PCGen export to NPC Module utility

This utility exports an NPC from PCGen and creates a module you can import into FG.

It transfers over pretty much everything an NPC needs such as stats, defenses, attacks, damages, spells, special abilities (though most are just the text) and some class abilities.

The instructions on how to install and setup the utility are in the DirectDeposit_Docs.zip file. The instruction have a number of pictures to show you where options are, so the doc is a bit large.

The actual program and export xml style sheet are in the DD.zip file.

Limitations:
    Windows 7 or 8.
    PCGen only
    Pathfinder, however 3.5E should also work.

I hope some people find it useful. It is the solution I was looking for a while ago and seeing as I couldn't find it, I made it.

Carth

I could use your help. I think I have loaded it correctly. FG is located on my D drive. I placed DD.exe into the D:\PCGen\PCGen6021 directory. Added the dd.exe “%” c:\temp\ line to Output. Created an orc barbarian using the pathfinder GM rule set. On export chose the Direct Deposit V8 xml template. Destination and Rule set passed have check marks in Acceptable Data. Character File Passed does NOT have a check mark. Do you know why?
    I rarely use 'stock' monsters so to get this to work would be great. Thank you for your assistance.

If you are getting the window, you have loaded it correctly. The command line looks right.

The only thing that the "character file passed" checks for is if the exported xml file exists. Make sure you save the export xml when it asks you to and reject the option to open it up, as that can give you a file in use error.

If that doesn't work, please copy out what it has in the text field for character file passed and tell me if that file exists. I'll see if I can find out what is going on.

Typically, I save the xml file to my desktop . “C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Dryad Vampire.xml” It may be a timing issue. I can see the file on the desktop just after the application starts.

Try exporting it. Choose cancel and then export it again. If it is just a timing issue that might fix it.

Everyone I've got to test DD, always saved the NPC as the NPC name to the default "characters" directory in PCGen. Which is rather quick. However I understood that the export command wasn't run until after the file was saved.

The other thing I am wondering about is if somehow windows is preventing DD.exe from seeing your desktop directory. It may not have privileges.

Below is the code for checking the file:

Code:

'check the inputs
            If File.Exists(CharacterFile) And Right(CharacterFile, 3) = "xml" Then
                MainForm1.CheckBox1.Checked = True
            End If
            MainForm1.CheckBox1.Enabled = False

Tried export then cancel then export again. Exported into character directory then cancel then export again. Same issue. Changed the name to all one word. I'm a local/machine admin on this pc. Tried several sources and the basic setup for GMs. I have exported to the root, default character folder. Since I have used PCGen for years I used another directory for the default characters. I reset PCGen back to the default and tried again. No change. Re downloaded the app. Used default setting on PCgen for character file locations. Created a default Orc. “D:\PCGen\PCGen6021\characters\Orc.xml” No change. Very strange.

I can have you log in to look if you want?

Ok here is a build without the character file check.

Give a quick try and see if it works.

Right-click on DD.exe and select "Run as Administrator". Even if you're logging in as a user with admin rights, Windows can still block file writing in certain directories.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Same scenario as above Orc. Character File Passed “D:\PCGen\PCGen6021\characters\Orc.xml” Destination Path c:\temp\ Rule set passed PFRGP. Modularize is now available.
    Pressed it. Error - Direct Deposit has stopped working.
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Users\jgovernale\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC702.tmp .WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\jgovernale\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDD32.tmp .appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\jgovernale\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDD81.tmp .mdmp

It created a C:\temp definition.xml file.

Thread Information