FG Spreadshirt Swag

I'm interested in playing 5e.

Hello-
    I'm new here and am very interested in playing with the starter and basic D&D once they are released. Suggestions and recommendations would be welcome.
    Cal

Welcome aboard. July 3rd seems to be the release date for the Basic D&D character creation. Some stores should have the starter set available at the same time. I ordered mine from Amazon so no telling when it will arrive. Looks like there are a few 5E DM's around so I'm sure you'll be able to get into one of our games I'm not sure if I'm going to run the Starter Set or just wait and start with the Tyranny of Dragons. I may run the Starter as a mini-campaign if I can gather enough people to play it outside my usual groups.

Blog Entries
    I think most are in limbo waiting for the official release because it seems there have been some changes between the last playtest version and the "official" version.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thanks for the replies! If someone is considering running this, please keep me in mind.
    Cal

I'm absolutely going to be running Tyranny of Dragons, and we will be logging everything for the Adventure's League. Hopefully by then we'll have all the details we need. I've updated the D&D Adventurer's League logsheet to be form fillable and saveable. I may add a little automation in it as well. I've been playing around with the 5E 2 page PDF sheet and so far I've added a good deal of automation to that...well, when its completely done. I'm also using it as an exercise in learning some Javascript since it is a little different from the programming languages I'm used to. I want to run Lost Mines of Phandelver but I already have two games on my plate.

Blog Entries
    Irondrake, when you say "5E 2 page PDF sheet" do you mean the actual character sheet?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Yep! Its not complete yet, but it calculates modifiers based on stats, sets saves based on class (only the 4 base classes as we've seen them so far), sets proficiency bonus by level and adjusts hit dice all on the PDF.

Irondrake-
    Cool! Hope you keep us posted and share when you get it finished.
    Cal

Blog Entries
    Cal,

Keep an eye on the Guild House forums when the Basic Set is released. I'm sure there will be some games announced there. Sometimes it take a little time to find a reliable group that fits your schedule, but keep at it!

Leo

Sure thing! The code should be golden by the time I get my hands on Basic D&D. If the character sheet changes much, I may have to make adjustments

Thread Information