DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: I made right?

Unfortunately we're not going to be 100% positive on backgrounds until August. They underwent some changes after the public playtest. I'm not even sure they grant skills anymore. It may be that they only give suggestions. You are right about your AC, but on your sheet it was listed as 27, not 17. As far as spells go, I think someone already posted some videos that may be helpful for how the system works: Check here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

I Made Right?
    Attachment 7054

Background does indeed give extra skills.

Thus, if you were Rogue with a Soldier background, you'd get your 4 chosen from Rogue (ones you don't get from Soldier) plus the additional Athletics and Intimidation from Soldier. You were okay there.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I Made Right?
    Attachment 7054
    Sneak Attack does not require a Wisdom Save by the opponent. The Rogue simply needs to either have Advantage or the Enemy that is being targeted must be within 5' of a threatening foe.

Edit: What I like to do for Sneak Attack is add the Additional Action of an Effect. The Effect will be targeting self and then be set to Expend on next roll. The description/condition/modifier gets set to DMG: +1d6. The character then applies that Sneak Attack bonus before rolling damage so that the bonus die is rolled with the regular damage die at the same time.

But your way would certainly work, too, once you get rid of the save.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; July 20th, 2014 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    Unfortunately we're not going to be 100% positive on backgrounds until August. They underwent some changes after the public playtest. I'm not even sure they grant skills anymore. It may be that they only give suggestions. You are right about your AC, but on your sheet it was listed as 27, not 17. As far as spells go, I think someone already posted some videos that may be helpful for how the system works: Check here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos
    Actually, Irondrake, the PDF gives a good account of how Backgrounds are going to be used. On page 36, you get the following:

Proficiencies:
    Each background gives a character proficiency in two skills. Skills are described in chapter 7.
    In addition, most backgrounds give a character proficiency with one or more tools. Tools and tool proficiencies are detailed in chapter 5.
    If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead.

Well yeah, true enough, I posted that back in June before I had the basic rules

One addition to Sneak Attack I've noticed is you must be wielding a finesse or ranged weapon to use it. Basically their way of ensuring you're using a Dex weapon, even if you're using your strength to wield it.
    Last edited by Irondrake; July 20th, 2014 at 18:06.

Ah, didn't realize there was a bit of Necromancy going on with this thread

Good point, Iron, on Sneak Attack. That's definitely worth mentioning and keeping mind of!

From what I read:
    If I do a base attack using dexterity.
    And I have advantage or if I'm attacking a target within 5 feet of range that is fighting another character and is not incapacitated.
    In both cases I add 1d6 to the damage.

I believe the effect would be perfect, but still have the ability to create as a rogue power or an attack with weapon and could be a sneak attack.

Shame we did not quite understand the mechanisms of nomenclature to use sneak attack like effect.

The effect is nice because it will automatically go away after you make your damage roll and you don't have to use up another weapon slot for it.

If you'd like to use it this way and are still having trouble getting it set up, I could probably log into your FG Server and demonstrate the creation and use of it.
    Last edited by Irondrake; July 20th, 2014 at 22:03.

If you can take a picture of the grounds fantasy screen or send the words or do not know if want to show directly in fantasy grounds will be a pleasure.
    I understand what you write or speak, I try to communicate by text, but I'm talking a lot of skill: (

Thread Information