DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adept + Damage Field (from Fantasy Companion)

In the Fantasy Companion Adept reads as this -- Adepts are holy warriors who have trained themselves to be living weapons. Some do so to be ultimate warriors; others do it in the service of a cause or deity.
    Their unarmed attacks do Str+d4 damage, and they are always considered armed for purposes of the Unarmed Defender rule.

Fantasy Companion Damage Field -- If character strikes someone in Unarmed Combat, the target takes the characters Strength die plus the damage field (Str + 2d6) so my players question is does he get the +d4.

Is he considered unarmed as it only says that he's armed for the purposes of the unarmed defender rule?

I would say no as the damage from the damage field is higher but if you want an official answer post to on the official Savage Worlds Forums:

https://www.peginc.com/forum/viewfor...65ef1e50812472

Also note that Adepts require the Arcane background Miracles, damage field is a new spell in the fantasy companion and none of the deific templates (assuming you are using them) list damage field, therefore for an adept to use damage field a GM will have to decide to add the power to the arcane background miracles power list.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information